The weirdest thing just happened to me.

• So, I've been playing IC2 with buildcraft and EE (Probably going to replace EE with forestry soon) for a while, but today my roommate updated my minecraft folder to 1.2.3. I was angered quite a bit by that, as it meant that I wouldn't be able to access my worlds for several weeks. . . Or so I thought. While attempting to show him his error, I loaded my creative world, and everything worked fine. No crashes, no bugs, nothing. I had a generator burning coal, that worked fine; I had a macerator macerating stuff, that worked fine, I flew up to y=200, that worked fine. The closest thing to a bug I found was a small gravel deposit I found while exploring the nether. Clearly something went horribly right, but what?

• wow. that is unheard of, at least to me. Not quite sure how the mods would work without modloader tho.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Mother of god.... :HV-Transformer:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• So, I've been playing IC2 with buildcraft and EE (Probably going to replace EE with forestry soon) for a while, but today my roommate updated my minecraft folder to 1.2.3. I was angered quite a bit by that, as it meant that I wouldn't be able to access my worlds for several weeks. . . Or so I thought. While attempting to show him his error, I loaded my creative world, and everything worked fine. No crashes, no bugs, nothing. I had a generator burning coal, that worked fine; I had a macerator macerating stuff, that worked fine, I flew up to y=200, that worked fine. The closest thing to a bug I found was a small gravel deposit I found while exploring the nether. Clearly something went horribly right, but what?

You can fly up as high as you want on Creative, pre or post 1.2.3. Not sure how IC2 would load without Modloader, ModloaderMP or Forge since they wouldn't have been in your updated .jar.

I really hate to use cliches here, but pics or it didn't happen.

I really hate to use cliches here, but pics or it didn't happen.

Agreed... A simple dirty test would be to see if you can spawn the new vMC cats. That would tell us if you actually do have version 1.2, or your Minecraft is working off a backup .jar that you aren't aware of...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Or your roommate is a troll.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I tested this myself this morning, fully expecting MC to just die horribly on loading a SSP world with IC2 and BC2 stuff. It did not disappoint.

I'd say either you cancelled the download fast enough so it didn't update anyfiles, and you're still using 1.1 or this belongs in the realm of unicorns and feyfolk.