Suggestion: Uranium Glass

• i think we should be able to combine Near-Depleted Uranium Cells and reinforced glass to make a blast proof Uranium Glass that would look like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F…lass_with_black_light.jpg

except obvious without the need of a black-ligh and maybe even have this glass provide light? :D it would be awesome to make a floor out of this stuff or maybe even an entire building.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Cool, blastproof Glass that is glowing in the dark like mushrooms (yes, they are definetly glowing). And it would be realistic compared to the fact, that depleted Uranium is used as ammunition to kill tanks, because of it's mass, so why not reinforcing with that material. 8)

Snoochy Are you the last at every suggestionpost or what? :huh:

• Snoochy Are you the last at every suggestionpost or what? :huh:

lol, i work at a refinery that is in the middle of a Turn-around so i have very little to do for the next 2 months so i'm on the forumns a good part of my day, and since i like helping everyone balance their ideas and make suggestions and recommendations it's alot easier to keep track of which posts i have posted on if i just look at the most recent person that posted, if i see a name other then mine then it's easy to find, if i have nothing to say or someone dead ends the thread then i just leave it as is. :) but this is what i do all day.. forumns, IC2 and Buildcraft Forumns all day while i'm at work getting paid. lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I'm only here because i'm bored from studying Informatics (actually the semestervacationpart is boring not the rest :D ). So i have nothing to do except minecraft, 9gag and TV. From all that i'm getting much Ideas for IC² so i registered here to develope them. ;)

To belong a bit more to the Mainpost: Uraniumglass is good but i think Alblaka will not add a new Type of reinforcement. :(

• I'm only here because i'm bored from studying Informatics (actually the semestervacationpart is boring not the rest :D ). So i have nothing to do except minecraft, 9gag and TV. From all that i'm getting much Ideas for IC² so i registered here to develope them. ;)

To belong a bit more to the Mainpost: Uraniumglass is good but i think Alblaka will not add a new Type of reinforcement. :(

lol, yeah, i'm glad i found these forumns or i'd be bored out of my mind. also, i'm just glad i'm still getting paid to "work".

main post: yeah i don;t think he will either specially something that is this "off-themed" i hope he adds my idea of Iridium Blocks used in blast proofing and making Iridium Machine Blocks for any future, higher tier, machines though, maybe he'll keep this stuff in mind for other possible indeas in the future whether it is reinforced, a now and improved glass that is easier to see through, or a "night-vision" recipie for a new helmet that allowed the player to see they world as through it was daytime without actually creating light. i know mods have done this before but i'm un-aware of how hard it is on the client's pc. i wouldn;t imagine i'd be to strenuous though.

• perhaps the density should make it piston proof as some sort of anti-griefer measure for reactors? (though I've never heard of griefers comprising reactors with pistons when they can just fill it with uranium)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I dont get why it should be blastproof. Through it would be nice if it gave of a weak light (but still preventing mobs to spawn) and of greenish look.

because it would be a see through and blastproof window for a Nuclear Reactor facility, and it since it would requires reinforced glass and uranium and uranium is denser then lead.

• the depleted uranium is not radioactive...?
    thats why we use lead.

who ever said Depleted Uranium isn;t radioactive?

"Depleted uranium is also used as a shielding material in some containers used to store and transport radioactive materials. While the metal itself is radioactive, its high density makes it more effective than lead in halting radiation from strong sources such as Radium."

• because it would be a see through and blastproof window for a Nuclear Reactor facility, and it since it would requires reinforced glass and uranium and uranium is denser then lead.

Density other than making it harder to accelerate has no effect on halting a explosion. It doesnt gets stronger because it has a higher density.

• What could also fit this are lava lamps... made with actual lava

Like... Just a lamp with lava...

Or the 80's style Lava Lamps?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• hmmm a radioactive glass jar filled with lava? some how that just screams "industrial craft!". I would ditch my medieval torches and arcane glowstone for a lava lamp any day

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• lol, some lava lamps made with uranium glass would look awesome.

Rick: i know but since when does a game have to make 100% sence? lol also i was just looking for some more uses for iridium and due to it's relative rarity, making it explosion proof seems like a good use.