[IC2 1.109] SeedManager v3.0.2 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.

• This mod is awesome, and sexy like Pamela Isley.
    I can't wait for future upgrades to this mod. The idea of using IC2 and addons to build a decently automated ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE farm interests me.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• A player of mine reported that if power is removed from a seed analyzer, it will continue to process seeds with "infinite power". Might be worth checking into.

(We are using the bukkit port provided a few posts back)

• Could I get the region file for the chunk it's in? I'd like to examine it and see how much energy it thinks it has stored.

Also, as long as I'm in the thread, a quick update for others: I haven't made any real progress on this for a week or two, beyond replying to various people. Had a pet die of old age, and I've just not quite managed to pull myself back together yet. I'll definitely put something out tomorrow or Tuesday, but I don't know if I'll have the official Bukkit conversion ready by then.

• Unfortunately, I removed the mod while troubleshooting some server issues so it was removed. I will be adding it back, but I'll probably wait until you release an official port to bukkit.

Thanks.

• As promised, an update today. Haven't had a chance to get back and make upgrades, including official Bukkit support, just yet, but I'll try to get to that soon.

Looking forward to the bukkit update. I guess there is no harm using the old one?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Small request. Any chance you could change the top and base to have alternative textures please?. Was about to add support for this addon in my texture pack and noticed that all sides share the same texture most mods have alternative top and bottom texture.

• A player of mine reported that if power is removed from a seed analyzer, it will continue to process seeds with "infinite power". Might be worth checking into.

(We are using the bukkit port provided a few posts back)

Maybe the seed analyzer still have some power in it?

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Per your permissions that if someone wants to port to Bukkit, it's fine as long as you are properly credited, I have ported 2.4 to the MCPC build of CraftBukkit (CB+Forge). I am one of the moderators/porters of MCPortCentral.

I have noticed, however, that on Forge builds that have FML replacing ModLoader, the tooltips no longer render their text either in SSP or SMP. I am attaching the compiled port and will send you the source for the Bukkit port in a PM.

• Per your permissions that if someone wants to port to Bukkit, it's fine as long as you are properly credited, I have ported 2.4 to the MCPC build of CraftBukkit (CB+Forge). I am one of the moderators/porters of MCPortCentral.

I have noticed, however, that on Forge builds that have FML replacing ModLoader, the tooltips no longer render their text either in SSP or SMP. I am attaching the compiled port and will send you the source for the Bukkit port in a PM.

Thanks.

• Rather then placing 4 of these in a row maybe a special upgrade something dirty and costly that lets it do it all in one pass but maybe causes 10 times the power use or something.

• I don't like the sprites. I made new ones.
    The seed analyzer's GUI has DNA instead of the compressor's arrow.
    The machine's textures are:
    first column: first texture: seednalyzer's inactive front, second texture: seednalyzer's side, third texture: seednalyzer's inactive top, forth texture: seednalyzer's bottom
    second column: first texture: seednalyzer's active front (on the screen there are DNA and lines of text), second texture: seednalyzer's side, third texture: seednalyzer's active top, forth texture: seednalyzer's bottom
    third column: first texture: library's front (with levers on both lefts:), buttons and the input), second texture: library's side, third texture: library's top (on the screen there are a bar graph of the GGR and lines of text), forth texture: library's bottom

• I don't like the sprites. I made new ones.
    The seed analyzer's GUI has DNA instead of the compressor's arrow.
    The machine's textures are:
    first column: first texture: seednalyzer's inactive front, second texture: seednalyzer's side, third texture: seednalyzer's inactive top, forth texture: seednalyzer's bottom
    second column: first texture: seednalyzer's active front (on the screen there are DNA and lines of text), second texture: seednalyzer's side, third texture: seednalyzer's active top, forth texture: seednalyzer's bottom
    third column: first texture: library's front (with levers on both lefts:), buttons and the input), second texture: library's side, third texture: library's top (on the screen there are a bar graph of the GGR and lines of text), forth texture: library's bottom

Ooh. I like those. Very pretty.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

SeedSmart-patented Seed Library is broken with the bukkit version

• Hey, folks, sorry for the absence. Going in reverse order...

lucasdidur: What? The best interpretation I've got right now is that your crop blocks are being reset from having a plant to not having one. In which case you're looking at the wrong mod: SeedManager does absolutely nothing to crop blocks.

Kane Hart: I'll see what I can do about it. Assuming I stay active (which I wholeheartedly hope for), a proper Bukkit version is one of my high priorities.

I don't now: I love you. All of it looks very pretty. I think it could use a little enhancement, however. The displays really seem to be begging for a hint of animation, and the Seed Library needs an "out of power" version. I think I can probably manage both of those with my meager editing skills, but I'll let you know if they're not looking good enough. Are you happy with the MIT license (similar to CC-BY) I'll be putting on the next release, or would you prefer a separate one for your art?

Kane Hart
    (again): The preferred setup for automated processing is a library+analyzer pair. Apply redstone current to the analyzer and it will happily process all seeds from the library to their fullest. If you want to pipe them further once fully-analyzed, extract from the library with Unknown GGR unchecked. You can also use a lone analyzer with redstone current to auto-process a single seed at a time, but that's not really suitable for anything beyond manual seed IDing.

smbarbour: Thanks. I see your PM, too. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what busted.

----------

Update: After further consideration, I don't think the seed library needs animation. I did give it an "out of power" variant, and I've attached a draft of new texture file and an animated gif of the seed analyzer. Seems like it came out pretty well. There are actually four animation tracks, only one of which is in the gif. All four tracks will be mixed and matched at random to produce a non-repetitive "sequenced genome" in-game. If you've got multiple analyzers sitting around, it will use the same animation for all of them, but I'm not especially fussed about that. (It's also a fundamental limitation of the implementation I think I'll need to use.)

I don't now: I've also included the GIMP project I was working with. Please feel free to use it for tweaking the result if you're not happy with my version.

• The displays really seem to be begging for a hint of animation, and the Seed Library needs an "out of power" version. I think I can probably manage both of those with my meager editing skills

I actually forgot about the library's power need, and I didn't know that an animation was possible! It looks really good!

Are you happy with the MIT license (similar to CC-BY) I'll be putting on the next release, or would you prefer a separate one for your art?

I'm happy with it! Just name me in the credits and you may use it for whatever you like!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Thanks, I can't wait yeah SMB done a good job but right now the seed storage one is throwing some server crashes when its used not sure how exactly.