[1.71] AgriculturePlus r1

• : AgriculturePlus :
    AgriculturePlus is my answer to adding on to the Agriculture system with completely ruining the feel of it. I would love suggestions from others, however please note I do not want to add complete automation, and plan to try evening out anything that gives a benefit with some kind of negative.

: Current Features :
    [The Soilnalyzer]

The Soilnalyzer is a simple tool that allows you to see the previously hidden stats of your crops. It can monitor nutrition, hydration, and herbicide levels. Although expensive to make, it can be recharged, each full charge allowing for 50 uses.

: Planned Features :
    - Mulch: Plant based fertilizer made by macerating plant balls. Cheap, low nutrition fertilizer alternative.
    - Herbicides: A way of controlling weed growth, but beware not to kill your low resistance plants with too much!
    - Agriculture Machines: Sprinklers, a Fertilizing machine, and others, that can be placed above, below or beside a crop to simplify some jobs at the cost of air quality or other crop specifics.
    - SMP Support: Will be added once some of the more simple features are done over the next week

: Known Bugs :
    - Soilnalyzer's damage bar does not seem to display 100% or 0% charge.
    - Hydration appears to be broken, I believe this is a problem with IC2, not AgriculturePlus.

: Downloads :
    AgriculturePlus r1 for IC2 1.71 (Client) [Dropbox]

• I thought the IC² and Forestry Fertilizers aren´t interchangable?

I think what they are talking about is the amount of plant balls you could make using forestry. Mulch won't be nearly as effective as scrap-based fertilizer, only giving 1/10th as much nutrition, and you'll get 1 for each plant ball macerated. I'll try to balance this out later on, but considering how easy it is to get materials for plant balls, it really shouldn't matter much. Even with a manual tree farm, I tend to have stacks of extra saplings quickly.

I'm working on r2 right now, hopefully by tomorrow I can get it out, herbicide will be a fun one to work out. I'm planning to make a "spray can" for it, I may make it possible to fill it with hydration cells too to get around the hydration bugs in 1.7x.

I just have to try figuring out if I can hook into the canner for refilling, working on decompiling IC2 now (hinthint, would be nice to add to the API xP)

• Hydration appears to be broken, I believe this is a problem with IC2, not AgriculturePlus.

It's both hydration and nutrient storage. Essentially, there's a bug in the code where high values of either will "wrap around" and become negative. Hydration cells always trip this, and about half of all attempts to fertilize will trip it as well. Starting from virgin soil, fertilizing once is fine, but a second time trips the bug. The full spoiler-y details are in my bug report.

I just have to try figuring out if I can hook into the canner for refilling, working on decompiling IC2 now (hinthint, would be nice to add to the API xP)

Doesn't look to be very doable. The canning machine's operations are hardcoded, so you'd need to overwrite the class. More trouble than it's worth, I'm afraid.

• Doesn't look to be very doable. The canning machine's operations are hardcoded, so you'd need to overwrite the class. More trouble than it's worth, I'm afraid.

I noticed that while looking through it, somewhat of a downer, but oh well. For now I'll use shapeless crafting and hope my suggestion goes through :P