[Suggestion] macgyver'ed machines (aka tier 0)

• machine cube? :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Yes i know, but the name sounds a bit stupid or like that LEGO-Brick i don't want to step on. Whats about Machineplate, Machineingot or Machinecover. :)

i'm sure who ever does a german translation can come up with an appropriate name (how about "machine slab" since it takes 2 to make a full block?)

I had this new idea in the shower one side of my brain says it makes sense the other says its to much of a stretch so tell me what you think and if its liked ill add it to the OP.

name:bronze jackhammer

description: counterpart to the electric drill the bronze jackhammer is cheaper, cruder, slower, and can either be charged by crafting an empty jackhammer with a piece of coal to make a fully charged bronze jackhammer(doable in 2x2 craft grid) or by an electric source such as a battery, batbox, or chestpiece.

its also can't mine anything a bronze pick can't and has a much shorter battery life than the electric drill

recipe:
    the recipe is the same as the electric drill but instead of 5 refined iron ingots, an electric circuit, and a RE battery the ingredients are: 5 bronze ingots, a heating element, and an iron furnace

EDIT: a modified version of this has been added to the main post

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Edit your Bronzejackhammer to the mainthread. Believe me, not everyone would read it on Page 2.

The Bronzejackhammer is more useless than a normal Nondiamondminingdrill, i would never craft that, but i'm never crafting Bronzepicks, so ignore that.

I think Machinecover and Machinecube are the best names for it.

• added bronze jack hammer to main post and modified the idea to make it less useless.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• i think it would fit in ok, it's basically a EU or Coal Fed version of an iron pick. and yes i agree with the machines.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• if a modder does pick this up I nope they won't need me for any creative input. real life is creeping in and this will be my last post for a while.

just a final thought on the bronze jackhammer if it can be filled with 8 coal and coal is worth 4000 each that means the jackhammer has a internal power storage of 32000. 3 times that of the mining drill. so maybe 3 coal and a jackhammer in a 2x2 crafting grid will be more realistic to charge it(making it hold 12000 eu instead) also since there actually is no battery in the jackhammer I don't think you should be able to actually charge it with an electric source only maintain how much power it already has basically limiting it to batpacks and minerblocks.

good bye and good luck