[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• *SNIP!*
    If you have any question, ask it in this post , i will reply as soon as i can.

This is pretty awesome stuff. I do have a few questions for you however. Forgive me if these are stupid questions, as most of my IC2 knowledge comes from the wiki and not experience, since I'm still getting into the mod.

First of all, how come your cables aren't melting? I was under the impression that Glass Fiber cables could only carry a maximum of 512 EU/t, but here you have one carrying over 10,000 EU/t! Same thing with the tin cables, how can they carry all that EU from so many combined wind mills without melting?

Why are there intentional obstruction blocks all over the wind mills? Is that to intentionally lower their effective height to prevent the mills from breaking? I'm terrible at math so I got the general impression this was the reason, even though the numbers made my head spin.

Where do you get all the iron for these massive farms? Even with macerator doubling, I usually find 3 to 5 times more copper and tin than iron and therefore iron is always in short supply for me.

Still, awesome tutorial nonetheless. I will probably try building one of these tower farms eventually.

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• Official Post

First of all, how come your cables aren't melting? I was under the impression that Glass Fiber cables could only carry a maximum of 512 EU/t, but here you have one carrying over 10,000 EU/t! Same thing with the tin cables, how can they carry all that EU from so many combined wind mills without melting? (cables have maximum EU Packet size not EU/t flow. My wind towers send HV packets (512 EU) through glass fiber cables. Cables can handle "infinite" packets if those packets are not higher than cable limit. [Glass fiber can't handle EV (2048EU) packets for example] )

Why are there intentional obstruction blocks all over the wind mills? Is that to intentionally lower their effective height to prevent the mills from breaking? I'm terrible at math so I got the general impression this was the reason, even though the numbers made my head spin. (Obstructions is to lower energy production. So they will NEVER produce more than 5 EU/t, thus making them unbreakable.)

Where do you get all the iron for these massive farms? Even with macerator doubling, I usually find 3 to 5 times more copper and tin than iron and therefore iron is always in short supply for me. (Initially i got from strip mining + lazer, after some towers UUM + Mechanic engineering [type 7 forum encyclopedia] does the rest.)

Still, awesome tutorial nonetheless. I will probably try building one of these tower farms eventually. (thanks for reading my tutorial ^^, if you wan't one specific design i can make as large as you want in a SSP map and send it to you through PM.)

• *SNIP!*

(thanks for reading my tutorial ^^, if you wan't one specific design i can make as large as you want in a SSP map and send it to you through PM.)

Heh, I started reading the electrical engineering board only a few moments after posting my questions, then immediately felt like an idiot for getting so confused about the cable packets. Thanks for clarifying here anyway, you were very polite and clear in your explanation. I understand everything now, and the offer for the PMed map is above and beyond. I'll say that I would definitely appreciate that, but no rush. If you're busy with things I will say to make such a thing as a lower priority, but I will happily take a peek at it if you do send it.

• Official Post

Heh, I started reading the electrical engineering board only a few moments after posting my questions, then immediately felt like an idiot for getting so confused about the cable packets. Thanks for clarifying here anyway, you were very polite and clear in your explanation. I understand everything now, and the offer for the PMed map is above and beyond. I'll say that I would definitely appreciate that, but no rush. If you're busy with things I will say to make such a thing as a lower priority, but I will happily take a peek at it if you do send it.

I'm not much busy with things, and doing it is easy as i use MCEDIT for convenience.

A 10x10 tower setup (100 wind towers, 6400 wind mills) can be done with MCEDIT in afew minutes.

So feel free to ask one specific design and its size.

And, i gotta edit my "an even more compactier design" section a bit more, because you MAY have problems while building a setup, as windtowers are additional (calculated) obstructons.
    Soon i will post another map with a small workaround to deal with this...

• Oh wow! I gotta admit, I'm impressed that you'd go to this length to help people.

I definitely don't need anything as big as your 10,000 EU/T array. My cobblestone factory only draws about 1300 EU/t when running with all 5 production lines at once, and the cactus farm only uses at least 700 EU/t on its maximum too. I'd say, at most, to power all my factories, my base, and a potential future Mass Fab Array, I should only need about 6500 EU/t total production, and that's an upper end guesstimate. Physical size of the farm itself should not be a problem since I'm going to recreate this waaaay out in the distance out of view from the city anyway.

• Official Post

Physical size of the farm itself should not be a problem since I'm going to recreate this waaaay out in the distance out of view from the city anyway.

Physical size was one of my Problems, so i ordered a smaller Design from him via PM.

His compact Design fits perfectly in one Chunk, what is needed for the GregTower 2, which is in exactly one Chunk (+18x18 Outer Wall in the surrounding Chunks).

• Physical size was one of my Problems, so i ordered a smaller Design from him via PM.

His compact Design fits perfectly in one Chunk, what is needed for the GregTower 2, which is in exactly one Chunk (+18x18 Outer Wall in the surrounding Chunks).

Nice. I bet there was an added upside in that you could keep building it higher too, since all you need to do is add obstruction blocks to the highest portions so that power output never goes high enough to break the mills. You could probably milk tons of EU effectively out of just one chunk this way by stacking these towers on top of each other.

• Official Post

Nice. I bet there was an added upside in that you could keep building it higher too, since all you need to do is add obstruction blocks to the highest portions so that power output never goes high enough to break the mills. You could probably milk tons of EU effectively out of just one chunk this way by stacking these towers on top of each other.

Physical size was one of my Problems, so i ordered a smaller Design from him via PM.

Talking about physical size problems, did you see i sent you another map which contains both 223 Height setup and 250 ones?. So you can have both setups in the same 16x16 for more energy in smaller space. Both setups together will generate about 768EU/t [Considering both setups average * number of windmills]

• Official Post

Of course, i already downloaded the third Map, but i'm still here on the Forum, so i didnt test it yet.

Good, both setups together will generate about 768 EU/t (Considering both setups average * total windmills)
    Hope it is enough for your needs...

Soon finishing map for compact design (that has "fixed" the "under construction" problem)
    Or not, MCEDIT really Don't like Tile entities cloning...

• Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but which hayoish mods do you use GregoriusT? I know you use Forge, IC2, Redpower, Thaumcraft and CC but what else do you use? Or is that it?

• Official Post

Added new map explaining how to build an even more compact design (and a solution to the "under construction" problem).

"under construction" problem is that wind towers use other wind towers as obstructions. So "fake" wind towers are needed... The map explains almost everything.
    Any questions ask them at this thread.