[Suggestion] A minor Texturechange to painted E-Wires

• Official Post

Colored Wires with FULLY colored Texture 10

1. Yes (2) 20%
    2. No (2) 20%
    3. Irrelevant (6) 60%

Its simply a suggestion to change the texture of painted E-Wires. Now they are looking alike "I made a colored Cross on the Wire", but they should look like "I painted the whole wire". It's only a minor Suggestion so say if you would find it good, bad or irrelevant.

I find it would look much better in my Energystation.

• Irrelevant.

You only need to separate one line from the other, thats the important thing about coloring wires not making them look "Pretty".

Besides if you REALLY want pretier cables, you can always mess with the texture of the cables, iirc theres a whole "image" (Forgot the name) dedicated to the cables and their coloring.

• it would probly look alittle better but then it'd also be alot harder to tell what kind of wires are what like if you think you had painted gold wires but they are copper you might fry alot of your wires. maybe allow CFoamed Cables to be full painted with tiny dots of what kind of wire is inside the foam?

it deffinately would look nicer thought being able to completely smother 4xinsulated HV Cables a solid cable, it's pretty hard to mistake what kind of cable that is when it takes up almost the entire cubic meter.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Well in my oppinion idea isnt useful at all i guess. i love how i see wires covered in rubber :D and if i would support this idea i would say not to color all wire but add like lines to corners or midle.

• Well in my oppinion idea isnt useful at all i guess. i love how i see wires covered in rubber :D and if i would support this idea i would say not to color all wire but add like lines to corners or midle.

well it's not really useful at all, it's a cosmetic thing. i suppose it would look alittle better to make the majority of the wire covered in paint with a small black rubber ring, with the dot of the wire inside. looking kinda like this (if i can draw it right

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][]------------[][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][]---Gold----[][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][]------------[][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[] = colored wire
    --- = black rubber area
    gold = the internal color of the metal.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• sky_demon good i would download it, if it's as good as your Croptextures.

@Rest it was only a small suggestion nothing really important, or why do you think i added an "irrelevant"-option to it.

Oh, and i knew about, that i could simply edit the Texturespreadsheet of these Cables.

oh man. i dont know... it's really complicated the way painter wire textures work. still trying but not that energeticaly now

• oh man. i dont know... it's really complicated the way painter wire textures work. still trying but not that energeticaly now

i was thinking something that looks more like this.

here is a mediafire link if you want a closer look at the texture.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyigd8s7r2rdv7p

this is my texture for a Gold Insulated Red Painted Cable.

• All textures like this how your showing looks nice but try to put it into IC2 and see how it looks like. i bet it would be not like you wanted

possibly, but i'm at work and i cannot try at the moment, i don't get off work for another 5 hours :p and i can;t play games at work :p which is why i am on these forums :p