I'm just sick and tired of this blackscreen.

• Literally the past 3 mods I came by that appealed to me, I would follow the videos/guides 100% EXACT, MULTIPLE times, and get nothing but another blackscreen. What the hell am I doing wrong? I downloaded the 3 mods (ModLoader, Flabb's ModLoaderMP, and Forge) in order with a clean .jar, just like it said, and put the mod in my mods folder. Blackscreen. It was Minecraft 1.2.4, but I doubt a patch that fixed some bugs would make it stop working :( :?:

• I love the people who insist that they did everything correctly and it still didn't work.

News flash - when everything's done correctly, it works. Failure to run means something was done wrong - in this case, using the wrong version.

Generally, the first step in troubleshooting is to accept that something, somewhere, was done incorrectly. User error accounts for nealry all of such issues.

• Official Post

I love the people who insist that they did everything correctly and it still didn't work.

News flash - when everything's done correctly, it works. Failure to run means something was done wrong - in this case, using the wrong version.

Generally, the first step in troubleshooting is to accept that something, somewhere, was done incorrectly. User error accounts for nealry all of such issues.

This, entirely.

As well, yes, small patches do break any sort of mods, that's why everyone playing mods hates contentless updates.