[Suggestion] industrial pollution

• fuel based generators produce smoke that pollutes atmosphere and dirt several chunks around it(different level for different fuels). grass does not grow, trees die out and acid rain falls in the area. The more smog there is the stronger and more wide spread the effect is.
    machines like extractor or macerators produce small amounts of waste that also slowly accumulates in the environment, making it incapable of sustaining plant and wild life.
    nuclear reactors produce nuclear waste( MinecraftSlime ) that should be securely stored underground - it kills plants all around the reactor area or the storage area (and spawns mutant slimes or smth :D ). reactor components can also become "used up" in the process and must be disposed of just like the nuclear waste.

battling the newly made pollution is another "fun" consequence that adds more to the game (although i hate cleaning 8) )

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• fuel based generators produce smoke that pollutes atmosphere and dirt several chunks around it(different level for different fuels). grass does not grow, trees die out and acid rain falls in the area. The more smog there is the stronger and more wide spread the effect is.
    machines like extractor or macerators produce small amounts of waste that also slowly accumulates in the environment, making it incapable of sustaining plant and wild life.
    nuclear reactors produce nuclear waste( MinecraftSlime ) that should be securely stored underground - it kills plants all around the reactor area or the storage area (and spawns mutant slimes or smth :D ). reactor components can also become "used up" in the process and must be disposed of just like the nuclear waste.

battling the newly made pollution is another "fun" consequence that adds more to the game (although i hate cleaning 8) )

sounds like something that would completely destroy someone landscape and make life a hell of alot more agrivating. personally i like building in jungles and swamps and would like to keep my plant life alive, water clean, and what not and keep it asthetically pleasing while i enjoy in the activities of my daily maceration session. sorry but your idea seems like it'd be nothing but a pain and would be alot of time wasted by the developers in order to code in all the new information when they could be doing many other things like months of debugging and adding new interesting ideas like a Healing Bed, Charging Plate, Coffee, Programmable Robots, ect.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• sounds like something that would completely destroy someone landscape and make life a hell of alot more agrivating. personally i like building in jungles and swamps and would like to keep my plant life alive, water clean, and what not and keep it asthetically pleasing while i enjoy in the activities of my daily maceration session. sorry but your idea seems like it'd be nothing but a pain and would be alot of time wasted by the developers in order to code in all the new information when they could be doing many other things like months of debugging and adding new interesting ideas like a Healing Bed, Charging Plate, Coffee, Programmable Robots, ect.

What a joy killer, you must be on the same bandwagon of "I dont want any negative consecuency for running this potentially Nuclear reactor filled with 20+ Uranium Cells, Thats totally green energy right there", or something along those lines >.> /half sarcasm

• ]What a joy killer, you must be on the same bandwagon of "I dont want any negative consecuency for running this potentially Nuclear reactor filled with 20+ Uranium Cells, Thats totally green energy right there", or something along those lines >.> /half sarcasm

lol, nah i use CASUC Reactors and nuclear mining meethods all the time. but i'd like to be able to have a hidden base in a jungle and people not be able to find it instead of climbing a tree and being like "hey what is that 32 by 32 death zone with no living trees, green and black water, and dead ocelots laying all over the place, oh it's Snoochy's base *facepalm*"

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• What a joy killer, you must be on the same bandwagon of "I dont want any negative consecuency for running this potentially Nuclear reactor filled with 20+ Uranium Cells, Thats totally green energy right there", or something along those lines >.> /half sarcasm

No like ppl need even more motivation not to use anything else than solar or wind....

• No like ppl need even more motivation not to use anything else than solar or wind....

another very valid point, rofl

• sounds like something that would completely destroy someone landscape and make life a hell of alot more agrivating. personally i like building in jungles and swamps and would like to keep my plant life alive, water clean, and what not and keep it asthetically pleasing while i enjoy in the activities of my daily maceration session.

well ya, thats the idea - to make life harder. part of having an industrial equipment is to manage properly what it produces and dealing with side effects. plus if managed properly, you wont lose any of your jungle/swamp plantlife. it take s A LOT of time to build up a damaging level of pollution and pollution could also be combated with extra plants - in a way it promotes planting more trees :P

plus wont it be great to have a gloom associated with smog around processing facilities? suffocating air, poisonous rain, gloomy looking factories that dump waste into rivers. we can recreate London during the industrial revolution times!!!!
    if you dont want it - plant some cleaning plants be a little considerate of your actions and you are good.

thaumcraft implemented land corruption with taint - thats the sole reason why im going to install it in 1.2.4(and cute following chest for my tools :thumbup: )
    I like the idea that one must take some responsibility for his/her production facilities.

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• but why would i WANT to waist hours upon hours cleaning up something that's just going to assively get dirty again and again specially with the huge facility that i've been known to make, when instead i can actually be productive with my time and create new outstanding building, auto-crafting facilities, mining for diamonds and Tin to use as flooring in the warehouse, ect. that's taking the "fun" out of the game if i have to clean up after my 20 Macerators, 10 compressors, 3 induction furnaces, 4 extractors, and 12 nuclear reactors. if this was done then i'd be forced to spawn thousands of solar panels and use one of each machine with like 32 overclockers in each machine just to keep poultion down but then my server would be screaming at me like a banshee and then fry.

• Consecuence free game its a dull boring game.

Planing ahead to not destroy your enviroment, or to properly dispose that. Fuck th(e Police)at, I like my minecraft how it is where i make the planet my bitch and she doesnt even have the right to squeal. /This is a joke if you havent noticed already.

• Consecuence free game its a dull boring game.

Indeed.

but why would i WANT to waist hours upon hours cleaning up something that's just going to assively get dirty again and again specially with the huge facility that i've been known to make,

Because then you'd have a reason to add robots (as if we actually needed a reason) to go cleaning the place up for you!

• further more alblaka is already against radiation / polution and to my knowledge really doesn;t want to make new blocks under any cercumstance unless it's something productive like Iron Scaffolding. him having to code all new types of "damage/decaying/dead blocks for all the signs of pollution sounds like a no already. specially if it requires like 30 new block IDs

• further more alblaka is already against radiation / polution and to my knowledge really doesn;t want to make new blocks under any cercumstance unless it's something productive like Iron Scaffolding. him having to code all new types of "damage/decaying/dead blocks for all the signs of pollution sounds like a no already. specially if it requires like 30 new block IDs

1-3 Block ids, meta values for the rest of them.

Also mister "Certified Balancer", adding pollution is a legit way to properly balance something like Nuclear reactors that can output energy out of their arses. But of course this is minecraft so fuck the PoliceBalance /Joking?

• well ya, thats the idea - to make life harder

WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!

this doesn't fit with minecraftian physics if industial machines made pollution like in real life torches and furnaces would have killed us all with carbon monoxide poisoning long ago.

but is see this idea as salvageable some what. they could introduce a new waste land biome with old factory ruins spread around and such and such and walking in and out of that biome with out wearing a hazard suit(which has self-cleaning tech cause steve is tony stark smart) could spread the pollution a few blocks at a time. so you go "YAY free machines!" and then you look behind you when you get home and are like "didn't I have an awesome rubber tree next to my door? now there is just one of those dead shrubs i find in the desert!and how did a couple of the blocks on my smoothstone path turn to cobble?"

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• 1-3 Block ids, meta values for the rest of them.

Also mister "Certified Balancer", adding pollution is a legit way to properly balance something like Nuclear reactors that can output energy out of their arses. But of course this is minecraft so fuck the PoliceBalance /Joking?

Ye great idea i mean we all agree generators, geo generators and nuclear reactors are overpowered right? NOT.....

• thaumcraft implemented land corruption with taint - thats the sole reason why im going to install it in 1.2.4(and cute following chest for my tools :thumbup: )
    I like the idea that one must take some responsibility for his/her production facilities.

ha. it takes poop loads of time to make that area be effected by taint.

• WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!

this doesn't fit with minecraftian physics if industial machines made pollution like in real life torches and furnaces would have killed us all with carbon monoxide poisoning long ago.

Im just gonna say, that certified nerf killer its the worst character/title i have ever seen. /Not joking.

If the pollution would be like in real life, Steve would not have died of carbon monoxide poisoning (...Well maybe a few times), because he would have learned how to reduce its effects/Build accordingly to not produce excess of carbon monoxide/Filter that shit somewhere else.

Ye great idea i mean we all agree generators, geo generators and nuclear reactors are overpowered right? NOT.....

They are, you people just suck at using those.

• Im just gonna say, that certified nerf killer its the worst character/title i have ever seen. /Not joking.

there changed it are you half-happy now?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• there changed it are you half-happy now?

Its still stupid, the fact that you changed it just proved it was indeed stupid so the jokes on you. /damn you offtopic comments because i dont have anything productive to say after this phrase...

• Its still stupid, the fact that you changed it just proved it was indeed stupid so the jokes on you. /damn you offtopic comments because i dont have anything productive to say after this phrase...

yeah if some one besides me wrote it I would have been annoyed at their stupidity to

so back to the topic how about converting the mushroom biome into a pollution biome? few mobs spawn there(we can say cause of the pollution) and mycelium can be pretty aggressive(again roleplay a pollution excuse) throw in some ruins like old reactors and factories and it will look perfect. would it be possible for industrial craft to spread mycellium blocks if you walk through a mushroom biome with out wearing a suit?