Mod Api

• Hey IC dev team!
    The mod API is coming soon, what do you expect of it? Are you Psyched? Do you expect it to make the life easier or harder for yourselves?

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• Hey IC dev team!
    The mod API is coming soon, what do you expect of it? Are you Psyched? Do you expect it to make the life easier or harder for yourselves?

if by "soon" you mean at least a month, if not two. 1.2.5 does NOT bring the mod api to the scene. That's 1.3, even then it's going to be a rather limited API compared to Forge as it'll be around bukkit level.

• if by "soon" you mean at least a month, if not two. 1.2.5 does NOT bring the mod api to the scene. That's 1.3, even then it's going to be a rather limited API compared to Forge as it'll be around bukkit level.

I know that it will be some time before it comes out, but I wanted to know how modders view this upcoming feature. maybe they know more than us average people. Eloraam is helping out Jeb on mod API so maybe Al and his IC colleagues know a little more and are willing to share :D

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• I know that it will be some time before it comes out, but I wanted to know how modders view this upcoming feature. maybe they know more than us average people. Eloraam is helping out Jeb on mod API so maybe Al and his IC colleagues know a little more and are willing to share :D

Outdated info there. Mojang hired 4 bukkit devs, last I heard the API's going to be bukkit related.

• Outdated info there. Mojang hired 4 bukkit devs, last I heard the API's going to be bukkit related.

hm...my bad, but either way I still think that moders (big ones that is) know more than we do(They hide something from us :evil: ). Considering how much feedback minecraft developers request on every snapshot they release it wont be a surprise for me if they consult and ask major moders about their opinion on how the new API should be made since its them who are going to deal with it after its released. imao

• Well, I know that Jeb and Eloraam have been working together on the spritesheets, and he has also reportedly been working with Robinton with the 4096 Block ID's issue. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they are collaborating on the API.

• The modders that do know likely can't say anything, be it legally or wanting to 'stay in the loop' so to speak...

...in the meantime we can only sit and hope they do it 'right'.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Copy-paste. He said the same thing on another post.

GENERATION Mjg=: Copy this into you signature and add MQ== to the number.
    Problem MinecraftChar?