[suggestion] wire connected teleporters

• Name: wire connected teleporters

Description: the idea is simple instead of using freqterans a player can establish a link between two teleports by connecting them to each other with glassfiber cable (and splitter and detector cable). since the cable would take a spot from a power storage block this type of link should probably get a power efficiency boost. also it would have the advantage of allowing people to use splitter cables to link one pad to multiple pads allowing easy selection of destination with the flip of a few levers

recipe:
    :Teleporter::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Teleporter: simple :D

can i hear you say HAYO!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Good idea but that you are using Powertransmissionlines as Teleporterinformationtransportlines is very bad for the Teleported Person. You need an Extrawire for that and because its not a Electrowire it will not be smashed down by Al because of that. Anything else about the Suggestion is a good Idea.

• thats why i choose glass fiber i figured with enough hand waving my atoms can wiggle their fat butts through easier than a solid block of copper or gold. here's some good techno-babble hand waves the atoms are not travelling on the inside of the wire they are following the cable on the outside, or you teleport through solid objects on a regular basis why not the whole way there?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• i thought u meant connecting the teleporter to an storage facility with wires.

but serious, its an good idea!

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• so is this possible/practical to implement code wise code wise?

• I like it. I always felt glass-fiber should be used as data transfer, not power conduction, and this is as good a use for it as any. If this was implemented (slight tangent here), maybe we could have gold cables take over as the low-resistance HV cable, and add a bronze cable to replace gold for MV?

As for the handwaving, the atoms aren't travelling along the cable at all - just all the information about them that the receiving teleporter will use to recombobulate you. Maybe even translate distance eu-loss to this? Instead of losing an eu every 40 blocks, lose half a heart, and/or x% durability/charge loss on damage-able items?

so is this possible/practical to implement code wise code wise?

Teleporters are already ingame, this is pretty much just changing the linking mechanics to finding a valid cable route (much like the e-net code). Maybe allow teleporter naming/labelling, and a GUI to select from all valid (linked and powered) destinations?

• +1 for the Idea.
    The most important part of players don't understand how teleporters work WITH FreqTransmitter --'

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I like it. I always felt glass-fiber should be used as data transfer, not power conduction, and this is as good a use for it as any. If this was implemented (slight tangent here), maybe we could have gold cables take over as the low-resistance HV cable, and add a bronze cable to replace gold for MV?

As for the handwaving, the atoms aren't travelling along the cable at all - just all the information about them that the receiving teleporter will use to recombobulate you. Maybe even translate distance eu-loss to this? Instead of losing an eu every 40 blocks, lose half a heart, and/or x% durability/charge loss on damage-able items?

copper actually has less resistance than gold IRL golds noncorrosive qualities make it ideal for connectors so the ic implementation is accurate. i don't like durability or health loss with cable teleporting. here is another way to think about it all the cable is doing is allowing the teleporters to match frequency(like a freqtrans) so along that train of thought any cable would do(even tin) and the teleporter doesn't even need to be connected at the time it will just send you to the last pad it linked frequencies with via cable