[suggestion]sprint powered generator

• Name: treadmill (yes i know something under the same name was suggested before but trust me this is different)

Description: since Steve can't strap on static boots and jog in place to generate power i propose this generator. the way it works is when Steve right clicks on it he automatically mounts it like a minecart and starts running in place the machine will drain his hunger bar as if he was sprinting the actual eu/t it up to popular consensus and/or devs. but this machine can be powered by more than just Steve's lunch the treadmill will also accept certain mobs. a mob on a treadmill will take damage unless in love mode. the treadmill has fail safes to prevent a starving user from running but only Steve and pet dogs are smart enough to trigger this Steve can manually trigger the fail safe by applying a redstone signal. Steve can also release the mob from the machine by whacking the machine with a wrench.

mobs that work:
    1. pet wolf (will only run if in love mode its trained not to kill its self)
    2. pigs
    3. cows
    4. sheep
    5. spiders (no love mode so will die)
    6. skeleton (no love mode and will still shoot at you)
    7. powered minecart (will make treadmill work like a normal generator but only takes coal and charcoal only there for sake of thoroughness)

mobs that won't work and why:
    1. chickens (to small)
    2. cave spiders (to small)
    3. baby animals (to small)
    4. creeper (will explode)
    5. endermen (teleports away)
    6. zombie (breaks machine)
    7. zombie pigman (turns hostile and breaks machine)
    8. ocelot (to small)
    9. pet cat (to small)
    10. ghast (flies away)
    11. blaze (flies away/ no legs)
    12. magma/slimes (no legs)
    13. wolf (turns hostile and breaks machine)
    14. snow golem (no legs)
    15. iron golem (to slow and will break machine cause its to heavy)

P.S. you can wear static boots to charge your chest plate while on tread mill

recipe: 2 versions
    :Rubber::Rubber::Rubber:
    :Rubber::Refined Iron::Rubber:
    :Rubber::Rubber::Rubber: :doesn't produce power but lets you sprint in place with static boot on

:Rubber::Rubber::Rubber:
    :Rubber::Generator::Rubber:
    :Rubber::Rubber::Rubber: :does what is described above

say HAYO! if you like this followed by your brutally honest criticism

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i dont like this idea and i dont know how to make it better :thumbdown:

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• i dont like this idea and i dont know how to make it better :thumbdown:

surly you must have some reason for hating this idea

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• wel, yet another foolish atempt for me. trying to explain why not..

personal opinion i gues again, its wel. far fetched, yet again i am taking the neutral position as i dont see how this can be usefull. (wel exept for making eu)
    and i cant see how i improve to the idea,

so, +0 again.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• wel, yet another foolish atempt for me. trying to explain why not..

personal opinion i gues again, its wel. far fetched, yet again i am taking the neutral position as i dont see how this can be usefull. (wel exept for making eu)
    and i cant see how i improve to the idea,

so, +0 again.

its the mob thing isn't it? cause if that is really a game breaking problem it doesn't have to happen the basic concept is just give power at the cost of Steves hunger bar like the static boots but unlike the boots you can make power and manage your machines at the same time

• no not realy the mob thing or the hunger bar thing.

personal, i just dont like the concept of an treadmil. i dont realy have anything usefull to add for you. sorry man ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• no not realy the mob thing or the hunger bar thing.

personal, i just dont like the concept of an treadmil. i dont realy have anything usefull to add for you. sorry man ;)

hmmmm must be imagery then. don't think of it as some sort of conveyor belt like what has been suggested in the past think of it as a big hamster wheel like what you see in old timely work houses and early industrial times nothing says industry like oliver twist (maybe those who say it better but definitely not LIKE Oliver twist)(normally i wouldn't try this hard but i'm kinda bored right now)

• Official Post

Hmmm... Power from Mobs? Nice, but Steve can already use manned Power for his Base (Watermills).

And that other Threadmillsuggestion was a Conveyorbelt (already Part of Minefactory) and not really a Threadmill so it was their fault on Naming.

Do you think Steve is too fat? :D

• Do you think Steve is too fat? :D

Lol.

Then, with IC², you want to add slavery on Minecraft ? What a good Idea!!
    I mean:
    new player on a server extremly low-payed (because low-skilled ^^) too produce EU by older player :evil:

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hmmm... Power from Mobs? Nice, but Steve can already use manned Power for his Base (Watermills).

thats different watermills are eu at the cost of Steve's time, attention, and sanity this would basically be a food powered generator with Steve or a mob doing the converting especially pet dogs we could power the world with their hyperness.

Do you think Steve is too fat? :D

no he's just a skinny weakling that can't lift himself over a 2m high wall with out a stack of phone books.

• thats different watermills are eu at the cost of Steve's time, attention, and sanity this would basically be a food powered generator with Steve or a mob doing the converting especially pet dogs we could power the world with their hyperness.

no he's just a skinny weakling that can't lift himself over a 2m high wall with out a stack of phone books.

No, we already have manned watermills. Those are for jumpstarting bases at early game, I don't want to use 5 steaks IRL holding the W button for hours.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• No, we already have manned watermills. Those are for jumpstarting bases at early game, I don't want to use 5 steaks IRL holding the W button for hours.

actually the running is automated no need to hold w. also while strapped into the treadmill you can swivel around and operate your machines as you power them. remember manned watermills are power at the cost of Steve's convenience and attention a tread mill is power at the cost of food(something that is rather valuable early game) also how about to make it different than watermills a treadmill can give potion effects(like speed, strength, or higher jumping) if used long enough by steve with out stopping (of course if that was the case it would definitely have to generate <10eu/t to have a chance at being balanced)