FourFire's Reactors: Mark I, Mark II, Mark IV, Mark V And Breeders

• Interesting, but... Well, efficiency 3 is good, but... What cooldown period you need to restart this reactor? I mean, if you running MK.I reactor - all you have to do is replace the uranium cells, when they are depleted, and still have the constant energy flow. With this reactor, you wold gain more energy per uranium cell, BUT less energy per second, because of the cooldown...

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Interesting, but... Well, efficiency 3 is good, but... What cooldown period you need to restart this reactor? I mean, if you running MK.I reactor - all you have to do is replace the uranium cells, when they are depleted, and still have the constant energy flow. With this reactor, you wold gain more energy per uranium cell, BUT less energy per second, because of the cooldown...

If you are only an erratic energy user this might be what you want, you can store the energy in MFSUs.

Well, remember that once the uranium cells are depleted, it starts cooling down even if you don't remove the depleted cells. Like the above poster said, store it in an MFSU, and you worry about it far less, and end up checking on the reactor far less as well. Many times when I come back to an empty reactor, enough time has passed to cool the cells. If not, I usually drop some buckets of water in, or some ice chunks to bring it back up to full.

• I know... i mean... If you trying to use some energy-hungry stuff like The Mass Fabricator, the only important thing is the average amount of energy per frame.
    So, reactor with the output 60 eu/t and long cooldown may be worse than the reactor wit the constant output of 40 eu/t

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I know... i mean... If you trying to use some energy-hungry stuff like The Mass Fabricator, the only important thing is the average amount of energy per frame.
    So, reactor with the output 60 eu/t and long cooldown may be worse than the reactor wit the constant output of 40 eu/t

Your right. It depends on what your using it for, and how religiously you check the thing. If your good about getting back there after the cells are depleted, then go with the mark I. If you think it might sit there a bit after the cells deplete before you get back there, go with the mark II. Entirely depends on your playstyle. Also keep in mind that the 60Eu Mark II is also designed to give you more energy for less uranium. So if your short on uranium, the Mark II will provide more energy produced per U.

• Considering that you can instantly halt a reactor with a rather simple redstone circit, and a button, you could make a preposterously efficient reactor (4.17 I think is cap) and run it for 1 second, which actually gives you an insane amount of power. If you automate it, you also tend to get a rather rediculouse amount of power over time, albiet in pulses, though if buffered, it is still better.

• Yes, you can use that crazy Mk.V, but... I don't know, it is not a reactor, it looks like a nuclear bomb to me...
    The cooldown period of that Mk.II is the fair price for the efficiency (you can just run it with the RedPower Logic controller, to give it a 20-second cooldown each minute, that results in the average 40 eu/t and no extra heat), but this one... I don't know. I don't want to use it...

• Well I am currently thinking up a 50 EU/t Mark I reactor which will have an efficiency of 2.5
    and yes they type of reactor you use does depend on how you are going to use it.
    BTW I actually think that your reactor design was better than my revision of it :) (my design actually melts the single coolant cell next to the plating)
    in my world over the course of approx 5 days playing time I have found more than a stack of uranium ore (when i currently have the amount of resources to produce
    1 1/2 full sized reactors) so I deem it (for myself at least) a waste of time to breed uranium. In addition I see no reason to have a higher efficiency than 3 as i just cant be bothered with less than 1/10th cycles.

Edit: I may be unable to regularly update my own designs so feel free to use/improve on them

• Well, i've build a breeder first, and it is running now, but... yes. It is slow, very slow. I am using the miner, and it gives you some uranium each cycle, and i think, you can run miner several times while reactor is running through one cycle. Breeder is fun, but it is very easy to miss the moment, and cool down the breeder, when the breeding is done, of uranium cell is gone ^^
    Unfortunatly i can't build the second reactor, because i've ran out of lapis lazulli. But i think, i'll build that Mk.II EC reactor:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=963

• Well I am currently thinking up a 50 EU/t Mark I reactor which will have an efficiency of 2.5
    and yes they type of reactor you use does depend on how you are going to use it.
    BTW I actually think that your reactor design was better than my revision of it :) (my design actually melts the single coolant cell next to the plating)
    in my world over the course of approx 5 days playing time I have found more than a stack of uranium ore (when i currently have the amount of resources to produce
    1 1/2 full sized reactors) so I deem it (for myself at least) a waste of time to breed uranium. In addition I see no reason to have a higher efficiency than 3 as i just cant be bothered with less than 1/10th cycles.

Edit: I may be unable to regularly update my own designs so feel free to use/improve on them

Well, i've build a breeder first, and it is running now, but... yes. It is slow, very slow. I am using the miner, and it gives you some uranium each cycle, and i think, you can run miner several times while reactor is running through one cycle. Breeder is fun, but it is very easy to miss the moment, and cool down the breeder, when the breeding is done, of uranium cell is gone ^^
    Unfortunatly i can't build the second reactor, because i've ran out of lapis lazulli. But i think, i'll build that Mk.II EC reactor:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=963

I agree with both of you. Breeding takes way too long to be useful, and there are far easier ways to get new U-cells. It's even faster to just spit surplus energy from the reactor into a mass fab and make new U-cells from UUM. I still have my breeder running only because I built it already, but in a new game I doubt I'll go through the hassle.

• I am in the works of designing an integrated Uranium production facility
    with Mark II - C.A.S.U.C. reactors 300 EU/t (normally Mark V) I will make two versions the other one with Mark III ~36 EU/t (non C.A.S.U.C.) reactors.
    I have a feeling that "Constantly Applied Single Use Coolant" Reactor tech will allow great feats of factorization to happen at larger facility and base resource cost.
    anyhow here is a sample: