[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• In any case, I now have to worry about sooooo.... This project has become my second priority... :( But, I will still be around to do it. :D

You better do it.
    Or I will track your IP, come to you and kick your ass if you don't
    :P

Srsly, we need something like this.
    I can't belive how EVERYTHING about MC is so beta and test phase... I am eagerly waiting for the IC2 v2 patches every day, they just keep popping them up, but still no final versions. So much to do. So little time :)
    I would like to learn JAVA so much, I would like to contribute and make this faster in any way I could... but there is just not enough time for everything I want to do...

• IC2 Experimental? Because, I'm coding with 1.118 right now... And also, I would but, as I said before this project has become second priority. Lastly, I *might* rewrite this mod since the names are too damn hard to decode... Or just completely go begging on minecraftforums for a team to help me...

• IC2 Experimental? Because, I'm coding with 1.118 right now... And also, I would but, as I said before this project has become second priority. Lastly, I *might* rewrite this mod since the names are too damn hard to decode... Or just completely go begging on minecraftforums for a team to help me...

Of course, they (experimentals dev team) keep changing stuff and variables in nearly every release, you probably would have to evolve your code along with their progress - on a daily basis... (nice, more experimental stuff to test, 'till my CPU explodes :D)
    I just test their exp builds from time to time, nice stuff, lots of new features, broken ones - too... And someone would have to figure out how to code with the working IC first, then go on with the experiments, i guess...

Actualy you can use geothermal generator to make some EU and power it with a BC3 pump sunken in lava, or you could use forestry electric engines, but actually using transformator is the most legitimate way of transfering electricity. I don't play forestry, don't want the whole mod just to use one machine out from it... That's why I said we need some sort of transformers mod... Plain and simple, not too many features. Only one transformator for each energy tier...

Anyway, thanks for trying to make it work. :thumbup:

• I just have read some changelogs for the latest #161 build, it seems they are messing around with BC, already... Something about batpack being able to use FluidCF, whatever it means...
    Maybe we should ask them to implement transformators for other mods, I don't know... Seems like good idea.
    Of course, if someone else do it, in case they fail to see the importance of that, it's good. Something tells me that everyone wants to be compatible to eachother, that's why they use oredict - for example...

• You want me to put my transformers in the ore dictionary? Because, I know it's possible but.... It's gonna be a pain to code in (it'll be worth it in the end if I ever do....)...

no, do not put them in the ore dictionary, You do that and someone will make a mod (or even put it in IC2 itself) that overwrites your stuff
    Plus it would be too much headache for too little gain IMO

• .... Okay! I might do somethings that involve getting into the ore dictionary... By the way, anyone have any ideas on how to make recipes harder and better? :D

I don't think they need to be messed with at all....though maybe the fast engine should use an energy crystal instead of batteries
    though it will have to be watched if they remove the HV transformer for the adjustable engine.

• Right now, I'm currently in the process of making a new mod called, Transformer Convertors. It's mostly based off of this mod, and uses most of his code. So, I'm technically still working on it, and I'm also kinda recoding it. So, don't be angry if it doesn't come out in another month or so...

• Right now, I'm currently in the process of making a new mod called, Transformer Convertors. It's mostly based off of this mod, and uses most of his code. So, I'm technically still working on it, and I'm also kinda recoding it. So, don't be angry if it doesn't come out in another month or so...

whatever, so long as it comes out with an adjustable elec engine that can take EV (or even IV once the experimental gets stable) and give me power as I need it, or even pull speed as I need it. Sometimes you just want a very slow engine so you don't flood your end point, or you want something in between the hard set ones.

• Official Post

Cool! Someone approves! :D

I do too you know. As long as it works :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• For those people who want to know, I'm not dead, I'm still working on this mod and am working on a whole bunch of other mods... Like SeedManager for example... :P Also, I am basically rewriting this mod since the code was too messy for me to work with....

• For those people who want to know, I'm not dead, I'm still working on this mod and am working on a whole bunch of other mods... Like SeedManager for example... :P Also, I am basically rewriting this mod since the code was too messy for me to work with....

Less words, more cases please.