[suggestion] use of cauldrons, glass bottles, and other liquids with watermills

• so the cauldron idea is instead of opening the watermill gui and juggling with and buckets in your hot bar cause your to cheap to make cells you can just fill a cauldron that is adjacency to the watermill and the watermill can pull from that. the cauldron is super neglected so as far as I could find bc liquid pipes don't interface with it so the watermill would be just as auto-resistant as it is now. the cost for this convenience is your sacrificing a block that could be passively generating power

the glass bottle idea is that you can use glass bottles as water cellsbuckets. after running the math it seems to cost around 1000 eu for 4 water cells1200 eu minimum for a bucket vs. 400 eu for 1 glass bottle straight from sand vs. over 1000 eu for a glass bottle from cobble the watermill will return an empty bottle

the "other liquids" idea is since watermill are supposed to run off running fluid why not be able to run it off any fluid? basically the water mill will fill up and run the same no matter what fluid you submerge it in or feel like wasting directly be it milk, coffee, booze, potions, lava, bio fuel cell, mod fluids like slime, oil, biogas, so on and so forth EDIT: don't forget mushroom stew (mooshroom power for all :D )just forget no one likes this. consider this part dead if you have nothing nice to say about it.

edit: just found out water bottles unlike empty bottles don't stack so replace cell with bucket in the above suggestion or...
    4 glass blocks = 4 beverage bottles that stack and hold water or booze

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• 1) Cauldrons are decorative

and this suggestion changes that

2) Glass Bottles are not "Industrialish" enough, besides you do know that you CAN'T stack Water bottles.

"industralishness" is debatable and use them like buckets instead you can stack the empty bottles buckets will have their place filling cauldrons

3)Its called WATER-mill for a reason, other liquids like lava would just destroy the internal workings of it.

[insert minecraft physics excuse here] you can submerge a chest and keep wood in the same inventory as a lava bucket. or make a recipe for a reinforced stone water mill

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• and this suggestion changes that

"industralishness" is debatable and use them like buckets instead you can stack the empty bottles buckets will have their place filling cauldrons

[insert minecraft physics excuse here] you can submerge a chest and keep wood in the same inventory as a lava bucket. or make a recipe for a reinforced stone water mill

1)Nope, cauldrons are fucking useless, lets keep it at that.

2)Glass bottles are not industrial period, specially when its shaped like that. The second part i don't fucking understand, is it so hard to get some proper grammar and writing skills around here? damn.

3)That excuse its just lame. Minecraft physics act like that because Mojang nor IC dev team bother themselves to code it. That doesn't mean it will give a white card to every stupid and senseless idea you or anyone have though in less than 5 mins.

And thats it, i won't bother replying anymore, the stench of desperation its in the air.

• I agree. Let's add lava to the watermill-

Wait. Geothermal whats?

The other liquids is just a bunch of code for no real benefit.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• go ahead and run away if you want
    1. or not :P but seriously Its not that hard to grasp Fenrix. You place your cauldron next to your watermill. Then you right click on the cauldron to fill it, and if there is space in the watermill's internal buffer the watermill will drain the cauldron.

2. If shape is your concern use a texture pack. What I meant is instead of using the bottle as a cell you use the bottle as a bucket. Or rather you place the water bottle in the fill slot and you get an empty bottle back this would still be an improvement because empty glass bottles stack unlike buckets.

3. Then like I said make a better watermill. But aside from lava I don't think other fluids will be any worse than the typical unrefined river and ocean water steve throws in the watermill.

• I would like to stick sticky dynamite in the watermill. This will cause it to go in overdrive and for 1 tick it will produce 20000% of max normal manned output. Obliviously there are some 'drawbacks' to this method.

i sense sarcasm
    well at least I'm puting smiles on others faces by playing punching bag :)

• ok lava and flammables if I want to be realistic about using fluids other than water I will concede on that point as well, but that still leaves stew, potions, coffee, milk, and whatever non-flammables exist in other mods.

• ok lava and flammables if I want to be realistic about using fluids other than water I will concede on that point as well, but that still leaves stew, potions, coffee, milk, and whatever non-flammables exist in other mods.

Oxidation, Clogged Pipes, Weird stuff. Its your idea crushed yet? it started to get boring already.

• Oxidation, Clogged Pipes, Weird stuff. Its your idea crushed yet? it started to get boring already.

Cheesification as well.

Funny thought, though.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Oxidation, Clogged Pipes, Weird stuff. Its your idea crushed yet? it started to get boring already.

not really you've effectively ignored cauldron powered watermills with weak excuses. and water is just as capable of doing all those things its practically the worlds most versatile solvent I'm surprised the iron doesn't rust, the wood doesn't rot, and fish don't get stuck inside. I think it will be fun to pull weird stuff out of clogged mills cause you ignored all those "water only" warning labels

• not really you've effectively ignored cauldron powered watermills with weak excuses.

Because you're suggesting something for the CAULDRON. It doesn't have a hole cut into the side of it, nor does the Watermill have an automatic suction thing attached to the side.

• Because you're suggesting something for the CAULDRON. It doesn't have a hole cut into the side of it, nor does the Watermill have an automatic suction thing attached to the side.

neither do chests and miners yet the ore is just "magically" funneled in (and the watermill kinda does how else would it have passive power generation?)

• "Facepalm" REALLY NOW! Milk in watermills? Why would you need to do such a thing? :thumbdown: Yeah, technically you could do this in reality, but water is much easier to get and using other fluids serves no real purpose. And you want additional storage for your water mill,there are probably easier things to code.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• "Facepalm" REALLY NOW! Milk in watermills? Why would you need to do such a thing? :thumbdown: Yeah, technically you could do this in reality, but water is much easier to get and using other fluids serves no real purpose. And you want additional storage for your water mill,there are probably easier things to code.

what wrong you don't like cheese? but seriously will you guys please stop obsessing over the "other fluid" thing its a thoroughness/immersion thing if your not into that its fine but there is more to the suggestion than my desire to generate eu from mushroom stew. I picked cauldrons as a easy already existing way to fill up a manned mill you can't have it just take adjacent source blocks cause that can lead to OP automation and just right clicking the mill with a bucket with out going through the gui could be seen as a buff and as a result a hard sell but if you have the player go through a block that takes way from the mill's unmanned potential it (theoretically) would be an easier sell, but maybe i'm wrong judging by the number of face palms i'm getting.