[Group Project] Wiki Improvement Team

• What?
    I am Recruiting a few Knowledgeable IC2 users to Improve and renovate the wiki.
    I am Hopeful for a FULL RENOVATION!

Why?
    Its come to my attention that the wiki needs a lot of TLC from a Dedicated Group.
    Its also annoying to see people start edits on a page and never complete them.

Who?
    A.) Mature Users.
    B.) Dedicated Users.
    C.) Have a Skype account.
    D.) Im looking to get a variety of users to cover as much information as possible.

--------------------------------------------------
    Application:

1. Age:

2. Skype Name:

3.. How long have you used IC?

4. What is your time zone?

5. Do you work better in groups or individually?

6. Do you use Mods other than IC2? (Please state)

7. Do you already have a Wiki account?

8. Why are you interested?

9. What special skill do you bring that would help the project?

Contact Me:
    PM messages will not be accepted, all applications must be in a post on this thread unless otherwise stated.
    If your application has been accepted I will reply to your post and also PM you on the forum.

Project canceled.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

Edited once, last by Fallen_dead ().

• I suggest getting on touch with the one responsable for giving permission on the IC2 Wiki so you can work out without a problem.

PM a mod or dev to let them know you will be doing this could also help you with that.

And i commend you for actually trying to do something instead of "Bawww waaaaa the wiki its wrong it needs to be cremated" and similar stupid shit like that.

• I suggest getting on touch with the one responsable for giving permission on the IC2 Wiki so you can work out without a problem.

PM a mod or dev to let them know you will be doing this could also help you with that.

And i commend you for actually trying to do something instead of "Bawww waaaaa the wiki its wrong it needs to be cremated" and similar stupid shit like that.

Wow, a complement from IC2's Certified asshole, this indeed is an odd day.

All joking aside. i am surprised no one jumped at this, i will take your suggestion and contact a moderator or dev.
    I really am tired of seeing post that are created because of outdated information.
    I am not demoralized, i am more or less hell bent on this.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• 1. Age: 14

2. Skype Name: michael.porter44

3.. How long have you used IC?
    I started using it the day it came out, for a few weeks, then forgot about it. Later on, I saw how far it had come, so I decided to use it again once ic2 came out, and I've been using it ever since.

4. What is your time zone?
    Central-Standard

5. Do you work better in groups or individually?
    It depends. Usually groups, but sometimes it's easier to do stuff alone.

6. Do you use Mods other than IC2? (Please state)
    I use a few:
    BC
    RP2
    TerrainControl
    BC/IC2 crossover
    ComputerCraft (Until I learn forth)

7. Do you already have a Wiki account?
    Yes

8. Why are you interested?
    In the past, I have been frustrated with outdated or incorrect information on the wiki. Also, there is some information that would be useful but isn't on there.

9. What special skill do you bring that would help the project?
    I'm really good at explaining complicated things in a simple way. I also check my info to make sure it's correct before I give it to people.

• I notice that this is an old thread. But I'll go ahead and reply anyways.

I have gone ahead and updated the Block template, adding the following parameters:

maxeu Maximum operating EU before this block explodes. Will be bolded and colored.
    storage How much EU this block can store. "EU" will be appended.
    eu_use EU use per tick. "EU/t" will be appended.
    eu_use2 Additional information. Is italic.

Additionally, I changed the default image from {{BASEPAGENAME}}.png to {{BASEPAGENAME}}_ig.png, as this is the system we upload on.

Application
    1. Age: 17
    2. Skype: rikingmodder
    3. How long have you used IC? Don't really remember. Through association with my brother, I have some experience using the mod through the Technic SMP pack, which I silently despise (sorta like your insurance company or something).
    4. Time zone: Pacific w/ Daylight
    5. Groups or individually? Individually, though it is best to have my actions discussed with a group first ;)
    6. Do you use mods other than IC2? As stated earlier, my normal play environment is the technic smp pack. Please don't 'hate' me for that, it's what my brother likes. I am aware of the presence of addon mods, and I'm pretty sure I can figure out when behavior is not in default IC.
    7. Do you already have a wiki account? Yes, 'riking'.
    8. Why are you interested? I feel that I can make a meaningful contribuition to the industrialcraft wiki. Part of this is because it uses MediaWiki software, not that Wikispaces crap the EE wiki runs on. (They have NO templates, except for a crappy "include" mechanic that doesn't take well to parameters. Oh, and they let you insert javascript into the page.) I was trying to help out the EE wiki, but alas, that was doomed to fail. Judging by my contribuition to the Block template, I think I can do here what I couldn't do there. :)
    9. What special skills? I am slightly familiar with Wiki template markup & design. Not really an expert, but I can use it and make new infoboxes & stuff. Also, I've seen how the Dwarf Fortress wiki does their stuff and learned from that.

• Official Post

1: I am 16 years old
    2: spwn123
    3: Since IC1 (I remember the time i killed myself with HV on copper cables which sent 2K EU packets once every few seconds)
    4: -4 GMT (Brazil)
    5: In group when possible.
    6: RP2 , IC² Addons (Compact solars, adv machines, charging bench , and some others...) , BC , BC<>IC² Crossover (varies from server to server i play) , forestry
    7: Yes, its SpwnX.
    8: I like to help others, so i would like to help wiki as it looks very outdated and that makes me sad. In the first days i played IC² i used the wiki happily, now that i am good with IC² i don't need it anymore, but others do.
    9: Special engineering to get the maximum benefits from anything. Like my wind engineering tutorial and mechanics engineering (Special mod interactions, that i usually keep to myself)