[Bug? or Feature?] Mining laser being stopped by glass.

• I came across what i believe to be a strange occurrence earlier tonight.
    While on my girlfriend and I's Private server i decided to laser down one of our old biospheres.
    To my surprise my mining laser was having no effect.
    Wondering if it was just server desync i decided to turn the laser onto some nearby stone, worked fine.

Is this a Bug or a feature?

Edit: Explosive mode worked fine on the glass though.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Might be the range. Every meter or so a laser loses power, and if it's not powerful enough to hit a block, it stops.

I hate to say it, but no, i was standing right against the glass.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• If I remember right the laser has never worked on glass, which in reality would make perfect sense. Sadly, I can't be 100% sure as I rarely use the laser anymore.

• If I remember right the laser has never worked on glass, which in reality would make perfect sense. Sadly, I can't be 100% sure as I rarely use the laser anymore.

I seem to recall the mining laser ignoring glass (and striking the block behind it), but I can't recall if that's a memory of IC2 or IC1. Being stopped by glass doesn't seem right, though. Diffused maybe, refracted, reflected even, but not stopped.

• I seem to recall the mining laser ignoring glass (and striking the block behind it), but I can't recall if that's a memory of IC2 or IC1. Being stopped by glass doesn't seem right, though. Diffused maybe, refracted, reflected even, but not stopped.

You are right, it used to pass through glass. I remember now back in IC1 starting forest fire several times when I would forget this while using the laser during building remodeling. I think since IC2 I have ony built a couple lasers to play with the different modes.

• The Mining Laser never worked on glass for me in IC2- Going back to... MC Beta 1.8.1?

The only way to get it to work is to use explosive mode, and aim above it, but from far enough away so it actually hits above the spot you want.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• far far ago in long away galaxy laser checked for matherial and autofail on glass and glowstone, it was for balance (too easy glowstone in nether) but this feature was lost in 2th version of IC.