[Suggestion] Quantum Armor balance changes

• As many posts suggest, people feel it is a bit over powered. I tend to agree, as soon as you put it on you are invicible. So a couple of ideas came to mind ~

1. Instead of the helmet providing constant life via EU. Give food a purpose again and allow it to have a built in food storage. The idea is compressible food in containers, that can be injected in to the helmet via the canner, that will slowly keep the players food need met when worn. Kind of like the Fuels in IC2 currently. As for the EU charge it currently needs, this could be used toward the extraction of food to feed the player.

2. Armor degredation. All this power has to have a flaw. Let the armor degrade over time and have the need to be repaired via more iridium. The more degredation, the more iridium needed to fix it.

:D If anything has been suggested before I am sorry. I did a glance over the posts and had not seen anything like this.

• As many posts suggest, people feel it is a bit over powered. I tend to agree, as soon as you put it on you are invicible. So a couple of ideas came to mind ~

not this again I'm pretty sure qsuit nerfs are on the "repeated to often so don't suggest them" blacklist your supposed to be invincible that's the idea this was not a bug or accident and no one is making you build a qsuit

1. Instead of the helmet providing constant life via EU. Give food a purpose again and allow it to have a built in food storage. The idea is compressible food in containers, that can be injected in to the helmet via the canner, that will slowly keep the players food need met when worn. Kind of like the Fuels in IC2 currently. As for the EU charge it currently needs, this could be used toward the extraction of food to feed the player.

again a repeat suggestion (and repeating a post on the first page to boot) http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5822

2. Armor degredation. All this power has to have a flaw. Let the armor degrade over time and have the need to be repaired via more iridium. The more degredation, the more iridium needed to fix it.

NO the hallmark of ic2 is equipment that doesn't break but needs to be charged

:D If anything has been suggested before I am sorry. I did a glance over the posts and had not seen anything like this.

number 1 is a very close copy of "novelty drinking hat" that is on the first page of this sub-forum, and the concepts of qsuit nerfs have been debated and rejected 2 twice over the past week. your blatant ignorance for the rules is appalling

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I disagree, this is not a repeat of an idea, this is a modification to the quantum helm. The novelty hat is a different idea all together. Plus this does not necessarily "Nerf" a quantum helmet, in my opinion it adds to it. I know what the purpose of the quantum suit is, and you are right it is to be invincible. This idea was to give food a purpose again after building a Quantum Suit. Otherwise it is pointless after having built one. It also makes the crops pointless imho. Why should I build crops when I can just build a quantum suit? That is what I was trying to point out. If you don't like idea listed #2 scrap it all together.

Also I read the rules and excuse me for not reading a suggestion posted "Novelty Drinking Hat", who knew it would have an item suggested for canned food. I certainly don't have the time to read every post when there are 8 pages of them. Let alone pay attention to a subject that was towards "Drinking" and not "Eating". Sorry if I have a life and enjoy playing IC2 occasionally, and make a suggestion that I feel would enhance the game for me. Let alone have the time with said life to troll the forums all day long to make a post. The rudeness on the forum is appalling if you ask me.

• QuantumSuit Armor is balanced around being the final, end-game thing.

It's fine.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• i apologize for my defensiveness we have had some pretty aggressive nerfers here the past week or 2 especially on this subject. I do recognize that acidents happen and no one is expected to read 8 pages of old suggestions (a couple clicks of the search button is all any one asks) so I'll let it go. as for quantum food helmet vs. drinking hat if you boil the 2 down they both have the same mechanic of making food useful again they just have different ways of selling it. also I'm of the opinion that considering the q-helmets means of construction energy to food makes sense. and as for "why crops" crops yield more than food, make a good hobby, and are a good alternate way to survive for the "qsuit OP!" crowd.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• i apologize for my defensiveness we have had some pretty aggressive nerfers here the past week or 2 especially on this subject. I do recognize that acidents happen and no one is expected to read 8 pages of old suggestions (a couple clicks of the search button is all any one asks) so I'll let it go. as for quantum food helmet vs. drinking hat if you boil the 2 down they both have the same mechanic of making food useful again they just have different ways of selling it. also I'm of the opinion that considering the q-helmets means of construction energy to food makes sense. and as for "why crops" crops yield more than food, make a good hobby, and are a good alternate way to survive for the "qsuit OP!" crowd.

Apology accepted, Thank you! My faith in people to have common decency is renewed.

• passing was right on that part, (edit, WAS right)

we had an hard time to shoot down those guys who wanted to nerf it. (they were hard headed)
    wel....actually we didnt have an hard time XD more an fun one.

but hey, dont know if someone said it before. quantum is made to make you god. (at the cost of some serious serious power to produce) and after that to ceep it charged.

feel those 2 things? right hand, alooooot of power. left hand. being an complete god.

i think its perfectly balanced as it is right now :D

(i didnt flame here, couse i can understand the fact that u wanted to nerf it. but not the need)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• STOP TRYING TO NERF QUANTUM!
    It is fine and balanced as it is.
    Stop whining because you don't have one and people keep killing you.
    Use a nuke.
    [End rage]

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

Use a nuke.
    [End rage]

Actually the suit will just absorb the nuke...
    Solution:
    Use more nukes >.>

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Actually the suit will just absorb the nuke...
    Solution:
    Use more nukes >.>

Actually... It would just absorb those too.

You would need many, many nukes going off (all at different times) to drain the suit, then kill the player.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually... It would just absorb those too.

You would need many, many nukes going off (all at different times) to drain the suit, then kill the player.

or nuke his base destroy all charging technology and wait for him with your uber-enchanted diamond armor set EDIT: and splash potions of harming

Use a nuke.
    [End rage]

LOL, did you even read the suggestion? I have one and once you build it IC2 is pretty boring from that point on since it is the "End Game device". Regardless as I said before it is what it is.

• does qsuit protect you from splash potions of instant harming? if not you might even be able to take him out before his suit drains

• LOL, did you even read the suggestion? I have one and once you build it IC2 is pretty boring from that point on since it is the "End Game device". Regardless as I said before it is what it is.

Yes, I did. If you want to nerf Quantum, make an add-on. It's stupid to nerf it

Haikus are poems

Potato

• LOL, did you even read the suggestion? I have one and once you build it IC2 is pretty boring from that point on since it is the "End Game device". Regardless as I said before it is what it is.

OHHHH!! this explain a lot. ok lets start by saying don't force your masochist ways on the rest of us the are plenty of ways to make the game more challenging for your self with out nerfing the fun for the rest of us here are some ideas
    1. play EE (their end game tools require a lot more work)
    2. don't use a q-suit (then the challenge will never go away)
    3. take up gardening (can you cross breed all the plants? can you max out their stats?)
    4. install mods that add scarier mobs (mo' creatures, weeping angels, etc...)
    5. role play extra resource consumption by throwing items in lava for every 5 min of qsuit use
    6. play challenge maps (sky block, superflat, FTB)
    7. build some thing REALLY BIG! (we have 256 build height now after all)

• Well said

Edit: 40th post :)

Haikus are poems

Potato