[Addon v1.118+] [SSP/SMP] Nuclear Control v.1.6.2b/e

• Woot! Checking my stats of all stuff right from the web, awesome!
    I just wonder if it would overload the website, if you have WAY too many "web upgrades"

Who needs to connect to the server to check for the daily "afk" production, nobody anymore lol.

• Woot! Checking my stats of all stuff right from the web, awesome!
    I just wonder if it would overload the website, if you have WAY too many "web upgrades"

Who needs to connect to the server to check for the daily "afk" production, nobody anymore lol.

It sends data to the server once per 20 seconds. I don't think that it would be SO popular to overload my server.

• I just meant that it then could be independant from your extra Server, as with your Server there are 2 Servers, the Minecraft Server and the Nuclear Control Server, which "could" be down.

I guess regular Sensor Cards, which are using your API properly will work without extra effort, right?

• I just meant that it then could be independant from your extra Server, as with your Server there are 2 Servers, the Minecraft Server and the Nuclear Control Server, which "could" be down.

Yes, it could. As well as modstats server. Downsides of any "cloud" solution :) But it's not a game-breaking feature, so I don't see a big problem in possible downtimes.

I guess regular Sensor Cards, which are using your API properly will work without extra effort, right?

Not exactly. It will show raw tags data for unknown cards (tag name as title and tag value as a value). I did so to prevent probable bugs with languages. As far as I remember, no one guarantees that specific localization key of someone's mod will be found on server side.
    I can add formatting for any card type, jsut give me card type and display rules.

• Not exactly. It will show raw tags data for unknown cards (tag name as title and tag value as a value). I did so to prevent probable bugs with languages. As far as I remember, no one guarantees that specific localization key of someone's mod will be found on server side.
    I can add formatting for any card type, jsut give me card type and display rules.

Oh right, yeah, I don't have that much of a good Language Support. I am way too lazy to replace all the Strings.

• It sends data to the server once per 20 seconds. I don't think that it would be SO popular to overload my server.

Roughly how big are the individual packets it sends and is it on by default or off? Can one somehow some sensors to send data and others not?

Either way having such centralized server sounds like a recipe for disaster to me when your mod gets added to some popular modpack :)

[edit]
    re-reading the post seems to indicate it's off by default and player needs a specific upgrade to make them published to web. Am I correct?
    Have you considered what to do in case someone decides to DOS your server by creating a crapton of panels that send their information to you?

• Have you considered what to do in case someone decides to DOS your server by creating a crapton of panels that send their information to you?

This is what i tought. Although i think there are simpler ways to DDoS a server, like /ping.

• One can also capture the sent packages and replay them at ludricous speed. Pung is far from as taxing as this thing.

• It sends data only from panels with web upgrades.
    As for flooding with data to DOS my server - there is no difference with any regular site.
    It not so easy to overload it, and specific IPs can always be blocked in manual or auto mod.
    SpwnX, any type of DDOS will require botnet, which costs money and I see no reason why someone would pay to block sensors data :) ping from single host is still regular DOS ping flood attack.

• We need a nuclear control app so you can monitor your server / AFK single player reactor on the move :thumbsup:

I predicted the future :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Guys,

Can someone tell me how to install this mod?

I tried downloading it and patching it with MCpatcher but nothing happend. i think i did something wrong xD

Would be helpfull if u can help me out, because i have no other way to be warned if my nuke is about to Explode xD

Rawrme.