[suggestion] sticky resin torches with out a tree tap

• Ok this suggestion is simple when you click on a resin spot with a stick you tap the spot and the stick turns into 4 torches :)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Well you learn something every day, I had no idea you could make torches from rubber!

Makes sense, I was initially thinking making 4 torches might make the rubber recipe useless, but since you also lose the chance of bonus resin drops it pretty much balances itself out. I like it.

actually you can make the torch's from resin not rubber so no baking required. this is just a way to bypass the tree tap at the cost of no bonus resin

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

Intressting, i knew the Resinrecipe from Craftingtable II on accident (wanted to craft outa Charcoal) and my Resin was just "disappeared", while the Coal and the Charcoal were still there. But is it really necessary to skip the Treetap for a few Torches? Do you really not find any normal Trees nearby the Rubbertrees to get enough Planks? Or do you want to skip the Workbench at the Beginning, so that you can't craft any Pickaxes or other Tools? I think its realistic but not really needed. I just wanted to point that out, before i say +-0.

• its more a matter of having enough time for me. priority number one for day one is make torches either by finding coal, cooking charcoal, or tapping resin and my first days are always hectic as i fumble with my resources, and my crafting table, and my location not to mention building a shelter. basically I see this as a logical and easy to implement time saver for the first day cause with torches secured i can focus on just gathering resources during the daytime and start crafting when night falls.