[SOLVED]Question: edited: Macerator making 1 dust from ore not 2

• I'm using industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b

I'm following the tutorial on the wiki. I was excited about basically doubling my mined ores. But when I use the Macerator I get the 1 dust but then using that dust in an electric furnace, powered by a generator, I only get 1 ore from that dust not 2. I also tried it in a regular stone furnace since the tutorial said it works in any furnace and I was thinking it might be a bug. But the stone furnace also gives only 1 ore from a dust. Tried iron, tin and copper.

Now before someone flames me, I did use the search function on the forum, so if this has been nerfed I apologize. I even looked over the change logs and searched the page for macerator. Basically I'm wanting to know if something changed to make it so you don't get double ores by processing them with a macerator->furnace?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Thanks for replying Mate. Good to know it's a bug. I reinstalled Minecraft Forge (minecraftforge-client-3.1.2.94). Still getting only 1 dust.

Anything else I can try?

I changed these 2 lines in the IC config:

# Enable generation of copper in the world
    enableWorldGenOreCopper=false
    # Enable generation of tin in the world
    enableWorldGenOreTin=false

I did that because I also use RedPower2 (*pr5b1) as well and I was afraid there might be issues if I left them both generating those ores. I can't see how changing them back would make a difference but if you think I should give it a try I will?

• ModLoader 1.2.5
    minecraftforge-client-3.1.2.94
    AudioMod - 1.2.5
    DrZharks MoCreatures Mov v3.5.0
    CustomMobSpawner 1.4.3
    GuiAPI-0.14.2-1.2.5
    TF2Teleporter_v2.2.2
    Better Enchanting Client V127
    buildcraft-client-A-core-3.1.5 (and it's other files)
    ReiMinimap_v3.0_04[1.2.5]
    Somnia v24[1.2.5]
    industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b
    InvTweaks-1.41b-1.2.4
    CraftableSpawners_1-2-5
    CodeChickenCore-Client 0.5.2
    NotEnoughItems-Client 1.2.2
    EE2ClientV1.4.4.0
    ThaumCraft2.1.3b
    RedPowerCore-2.0pr5b1 (and it's other files)
    OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_A6

Whew... Copying and pasting but still took a bit. lol

I hope it helps figure this out. Sorry if the above is a bit messy....
    Oh and that's also the order I installed them all in as well.

• Well. It doesn't really help me. I tried out a mod (can't recall what it was) that also used dust, was thinking that they may have been clashing a bit, but looking at the mods you have, it isn't one of the ones you have. =)

I'd start pulling mods out 1 at a time, try with out each one. A bit of a process, but would help track down the source of the problem.

It's more likely to be one of the following:

DrZharks MoCreatures Mov v3.5.0
    CustomMobSpawner 1.4.3
    GuiAPI-0.14.2-1.2.5
    TF2Teleporter_v2.2.2
    Better Enchanting Client V127
    Somnia v24[1.2.5]
    CraftableSpawners_1-2-5

Even some of those are pretty common, so less likely they would have an issue..

If you are using one of the easy mod launchers.. (mcpatcher, multimc, etc.) you could try loading IC2 just above optifine.

• I don't use MCPatcher or the other. lol crap

Thank you for trying Mate. It's very much appreciated. I think I'll wait until more folks have had a chance to read about this and maybe, just maybe, someone will know what it is. But if I get noone else that might know what could be the issue I guess I'll start pulling them out one at a time.

Do you know by chance, if I pull them out, but make a new world, not playing my main, will it also remove things for that particular mod from the world I'm currently enjoying playing in( my Main as I like to think of it)?

• Crap, I just deleted my minecraft folder to start fresh. Then I added

Modloader
    Minecraft Forge
    NEI
    Industrial craft

created a new world and gave myself a macerator and generator.... well, everything I needed.

Still only get 1 dust from macerating. Anyone else having the same trouble?

• I tried that. Like I said I deleted my .minecraft folder completely. Then tried it with straight vanilla minecraft with modloader and Forge. I even went and re-downloaded the mods(modloader &forge). No good. I get just 1 dust from each iron ore I macerate.

I dont suppose someone else could try doing a clean install with just those 3 to see if they get only 1 dust also?

The one thing I didn't do is start a new world. I mean I DID, but not for just modloader, forge, and IC2. I used the world I created when I also had NEI installed. But that was my only other mod. Although that mod requires chickens Core to work. But still, NEI is extremely popular, with good reason. But no one else is having this trouble that I'm aware of. There is no way I was going to stuggle to build up everything to the point I could make the Macerator & Electric Furnace in vanilla MC.

Thankfully I remembered to backup the folder before I deleted it. It's looking to me that it's not a mod conflict. It cant be.

Any more ideas? I'm plum out, aside from uninstalling jaa and reinstalling it anyway.

• Thanks for helping Omega. I had not giving that a try. Just did with the same results. 1 dust per ore.

First I simply overwrote .90 forge in my backup clean install. Then I 'forced' minecraft to update, reinstalled modloader and forge(.90), as well as leaving my IC2 in the mods folder. Same thing, 1 dust per ore.

• Well my install was a only a few days old (started 1.2.5 on the 25th), Downloaded everything just before 1.95b came out. (upgraded to 1.95b shortly there after)

But I went ahead and did a clean install, with only IC2, NEI, and the requirements for both (forge build 99, cause that's the one I had downloaded already).

Everything is working like it should for me.

If you haven't tried already. Download the IC2 jar file again.

• Hidinginthelight, thank you for replying mate. And thank you for trying a clean install to test it out. I really appreciate it. I did as you suggested and still only getting one dust per ore. I just don't understand it. I even uninstalled java and reinstalled. It was a slightly newer version than the one I had, but still no joy.

Thank you

• Well, I thought I'd try it on my laptop. I installed vanilla then NEI and IC2 as well as their respective requisites. Even on my laptop I only get 1 dust from macerating ore.

Here's my system specs, guess it can only help.

Summary
    Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T: 36 °C
    Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM
    4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2):
    Graphics
    HD2201 (1680x1050@59Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    Hard Drives
    78GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-22JNA0 ATA Device (SATA):
    78GB Seagate ST380815AS ATA Device (SATA):
    977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA):

• I noticed that you wrote "1 dust -> Stone/Electric Furnace = 1 ore" instead of "1 dust -> Stone/Electric Furnace = 1 ingot". Did you try to macerate an ingot :Copper Ingot: or the ore :Copper Ore: ? I don't want to offend you or something, but that's the only explanation I can think of.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Are you absolutely 100 percent sure that you are macereting ores, not mistakenly ingots?
    Because you wrote this, and it has a mistake in the last line:

It should be : 1 dust -> Stone/Electric Furnace = 1 ingot

Ok, it maybe a typo, just asking... :)

Edit: Ninja'd by I don't now :)