Suggestion: [Miner side access drill slot instead of scanner slot]

• Minor miner change.

As title, right now items tubed in or piped in to the side get put in the scanner slot, and pulled out get removed from the scanner slot. Please change this to the mining drill slot.
    This would allow deployment & retraction of the miner using redstone signals with buildcraft and/or Redpower2. With the current design, I cannot deploy multiple miners simultaneously, and I must be present to deploy/retract. I have plans to remotely deploy and retract multiple miners, and this small change would allow it.

Top accesses mining pipe slot, please keep that as is.

If it is easy, a second request would be to allow redpower retrievers to work with both slots as well.They do work with redpower retrievers, once you give them blutricity.

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• But, there IS a way to automatically remove the drill. When you first place a miner, the side to the right of the side you're facing is the side pipes/tubes put/take items in/out of the drill slot. So, if you place a miner facing north, the side facing you would be the south side, and the side to the right of that would be the east side. It would also be the side you would need to use in order to have automatic drill retraction.

• Official Post

But, there IS a way to automatically remove the drill. When you first place a miner, the side to the right of the side you're facing is the side pipes/tubes put/take items in/out of the drill slot. So, if you place a miner facing north, the side facing you would be the south side, and the side to the right of that would be the east side. It would also be the side you would need to use in order to have automatic drill retraction.

The blutric Furnace of Redpower has that ability already. (left => Input, right => Output)

• Official Post

The blutric Furnace of Redpower has that ability already. (left => Input, right => Output)

Hmm for smelting stuff in which furnace? Alloy is: top -> Input , right -> output [unless that has been changed after frames]

• Will be implemented. Left/front and right/back will access drill and scanner respectively if I remember the order right, but ISidedInventory works in a +X/-X/+Z/-Z/etc. manner, so you need to find out the right side yourself.

• Miner has 6 sides:
    Bottom always minepipes;
    1 side - chest/pipe/tube for output;
    1 side - pump for liquids;
    1 side for EU providing;
    Remaining 2 sides cannot be easily distributed to 4 inventory slots.
    I think Miner should distribute inserted item based on item type, not on side: Scaner to Scaner slot, Drill to Drill slot, Battery to Battery slot, others - to pipe/filler slot.
    Empty Battery should be ejected to output.