[Suggestion] Security system

• I searched in the forum and i didn't find anything like this...
    I don't know if this is a suggestion for the vanilla IC or for an addon, because it's complexity, but i had this idea and i want to expose it.
    I'm sure that SMP players will use it, and maybe also the SSP players may found some utilities.

BEWARE LAZY PEOPLE! the post is reeeeeeally long, so be patient.

Security system: the suggestion is focused on the possibility to know if something or someone enter in a certain area.

The security system is composed by 4 items:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Security control:
    :Refined Iron::Wrench::Refined Iron:
    :Electronic Circuit::Advanced Circuit::Electronic Circuit:
    :Refined Iron::Electronic Circuit::Refined Iron:

Where :Wrench: is redstone torch
    This block is the core of the security system, and for work need the other peripherals that i explain below. It also consume 2 EU/t to stay active, accept up to LV.
    Is linked to the other object by a Security remote and can register up to 10 peripherals plus the Security remote itself.
    Upon right click, a new GUI appear, that need to insert a simply 3 number password. The number inserted will be the security password. If nothing is insered, the insertion of the password will be requested at the subsequent access until it get a password. Ones the block obtain that, the password MUST be inserted anytime someone access the block to see and modifyes all paremeters in the GUI. In the GUI u can shut on/off one, multiple or all linked peripherals from distance, and see the state of this one (on/off, quiet/triggered, silent/alarming).
    on/off: explains themself.
    quiet/triggered: indicates if the peripheral is actually reveals something.
    silent/alarming: this is a button that allow the Security control block to know if it must alert u through the security remote or not. (see below)
    U can link peripherals no more distant than 150 block afar from control block.
    From this GUI u can also kick out peripherals from the secuity system that u don't need anymore.
    If u destroy physically a peripherals, this is automatically removed from the security control block register. Every pheripherals can be linked with 1 security control block at a time, starting a new link with a peripheral already linked delete immidiatly the old link.
    NOTE: Security control MUST BE ON to make peripherals work! if the Security control block broke, all the security network collapse, so u must hide this block very well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Infrared camera:
    --- :Refined Iron::Wrench:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Gold Dust::Electronic Circuit:
    --- :Refined Iron::Cable:

Where :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: are glass panel, :Gold Dust: is glowstone dust and :Wrench: are redstone torch.
    Before u say something, i'm not speaking about block with a sight of wiew!
    This is the principal security block. When placed, this block have a lens on one of the 6 faces that can be re-oriented by a wrench.
    The camera need a 1EU/t to operate, accept up to LV, has a 10.000EU internal storage, and must be linked and activated from the Security control block.
    When activated, the block start scanning the air/glass block area in front of him, for a maxium area of 9x9x9. It scans only the air and glass block area, so if there is a wall, or any other obstacle, the sensibility of the camera will be cut out. So i can put the camera in open field and have an area of 9x9x9 in front the lens, or put it in a empty box of 3x3x3 with cobble walls and have 3x3x3 visibility or make this box of cobble and 1 air/glass (a hole or a window) and have 9x9x9 again. (area occupied by cobble excluded)
    Now if there are any Player entities in the scanned area, the camera triggers, changing the state in the register of the secutity control block and also emits a redstone current.
    The cameral also triggers if it's changed in orientation or destroyed, before is removed from the registery of the security control block.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Movement sensor:
    --- :Refined Iron::Wrench:
    :Rubber:MinecraftSlime:Electronic Circuit:
    --- :Refined Iron::Cable:

Where :Wrench: are a redstone torch
    This is the secondary security block. This block works exaclty like the infrared camera with 3 differences:
    It have a microphone instead of the lens on the directional face.
    The area scanned is always a 13x13x13 area, not affected by anything.
    It's triggered by any entities in the area: Players, mobs, animals, ecc.

Security remote:
    --- :Wrench: ---
    :Gold Dust::Electronic Circuit::Gold Dust:
    --- :Electronic Circuit: ---

Where :Wrench: is a redstone torch and :Gold Dust: is glowstone dust
    The Security remote allow u to know from everywhere if the Security control block reveals something by the scanning peripherals.
    To do that, u must link before the remote to the control block by shift-click on it with the remote.
    The remote appear like a portable monitor with a black screen in the middle.
    If there are a new event, it emit a 5 second sound and it's icon change, turning the screen red. Putted in the hotbar and right clicked, it show the events that triggers it in a little GUI.
    For examples:
    "Camera 3 detect a presence!"
    or
    "Sensor 7 has been moved/destroyed!"
    or more
    "WARNING! Security control block's link lost!"

It stay in this state, until u press a button in the little GUI to reset the log, or shut off the entire system from the security control block.

I know even if i'm not a minecraft programmer, that this is really hard to code, and also time consuming, but i like the idea and i find it really HAYOISH, so i propoused it anyway.
    I immidiatly realized that the main problem in this suggestion is one: there is a command that allow to scan for entities? could this command be performed by a block in an area? i think at pressure plate and i say yes, but i don't know how pressure plate works so i can only speculate on. this is the key, the fragile balance of this hayoish card castle.
    Anyway, i post this suggestion to know if the people like the idea and if this may have the tools to be coded...
    But no other mods that i know do something similar to this suggestion, so i found it an HAYOISH addiction to IC2!

• Official Post

Itself a good Idea, I wouldn't really need it, but i would use it if available on vanilla-IC².

There are other Mods which can make a Securitysystem:

Try to combinate Laser-Mod (for a Sensorlaser), Computercraft (Controlcomputer) and Redpower (for the Wiring of the components) and you will get anything you need for a Securitysystem. With Thaumcraft (only SSP) you can even make Cameras (You an look through Thaumcrafts Portals, if you have a good Videocard), to see what is going up in your Base.

• Itself a good Idea, I wouldn't really need it, but i would use it if available on vanilla-IC².

There are other Mods which can make a Securitysystem:

Try to combinate Laser-Mod (for a Sensorlaser), Computercraft (Controlcomputer) and Redpower (for the Wiring of the components) and you will get anything you need for a Securitysystem. With Thaumcraft (only SSP) you can even make Cameras (You an look through Thaumcrafts Portals, if you have a good Videocard), to see what is going up in your Base.

Hehe, agreed, :D
    I'm looking forward to it, CC monitors telling someone:
    "Dude, get out of my base"
    "You're still here"?
    "I'M FIRING MAH LASOR!!!"
    *Lasers shoot the guy*

• mmmhhh... u guys are right, but u need lot of things (expansive lasers and reflectors, computers, whiring, space, space, space) to do that, and is kinda easy to see/avoid that system as u need to pass throughout the laser to activate the whole thing...
    The set up of this suggestion is minimalist, compact and cheaper and u lose even before u enter the room because the sensors are able to detect u outside the room, and the camera in the moment u try to broke a wall to bypass the lasers! the camera and the sensors immidiatly recognize u with only your presence... is a really more powerful tool...
    And if u like the "IMMA FIRING MAH LAZOR!" thing, as they send out a redstone signal upon triggering, they could easily activate your lasers better than the lasers itself :D

• My apologies for waking an old thread, i just wanted to point out the fact that real cameras are a possibility:
    1) Portal mod uses seethrough portals
    2) http://www.minecraftforum.net/…3-01-cctv-block-v01-mlv5/ introduces cameras to single player. There is no support for smp (and probably never will be), there is no way of setting which monitor should show feed from which camera, but the sole camera code is there and the owner even offers developers to decompile his code and use it