[Suggestion] Gold?

• I am a bit dissapointed with gold usage.Golden cables are..ehem,worthless.Never did use them and felt fine w/o them.It cold be nice to add some more usages,maybe decorative blocks,like golden fence? I would absolutely like to see /if I am right with translation/ golden chandeliers with diamonds on them,showing off like on shelf mod from the author of modloader.I know,that IC is INDUSTRIAL craft,but why not?>_>
    Still,the almost only use for gold for me is BC pipes~ would like to see some more gold usage in IC.
    I'd like to know what everybody think of where gold should be used

• Some recipes are going to be updated in the next update (Don't have the specifics yet, check one of my threads in the suggestion forum to get the gist of it).

Also golden chandeliers? What is this Terraria? Come on, at least suggest a scorching lamp like those used in digging sites or what not, not stuff that came from the sixteen century >.>

• Also golden chandeliers? What is this Terraria? Come on, at least suggest a scorching lamp like those used in digging sites or what not, not stuff that came from the sixteen century >.>

I didn't play it) cmon,nuclear reactors aren't from that age as well :D and lamp..it's a matter of texturepack,as I've seen a torch into lamp texture.
    Hope you are right,as I covered my house with golden panels. 8)

BTW looking into the topic itself..I found out that I dont know where gold is used in real life,but in some microthings and jewelery >_>

• afaik gold is used in three things:

-Circuits, gold is a pretty good electric conductor.
    -Jewelery and Decoration because it looks pretty.
    -Currency, since its fucking expensive.

Maybe some chemistry here and there, but im not too sure.

That's what I know,too,but thats it,no more uses ~_~ okay,lets stop flooding threat with nothing ;)

• Gold cables are useful if you use them with the right pulse size.

Yeah,in some way they are..like for ~10-20 block transfer,but as I used to play,it's really much faster to put a storage,fill some energy crystals and transfer them through BC pipes,or old fashioned way :D which is even faster.Isn't it?

• I think Golden Fence is not hard to make and cool enough to use as a decoration for rich ones.
    Golden Scaffolds can be made then for some purpose aside of decoration. For example to charge your tools while you stand/walk/ascend/descend powered golden scaffold.

• Yeah,in some way they are..like for ~10-20 block transfer,but as I used to play,it's really much faster to put a storage,fill some energy crystals and transfer them through BC pipes,or old fashioned way :D which is even faster.Isn't it?

battery passing is kinda an exploit but not every one has BC installed hence the existence of gold cables, there are more recipes coming, and you can also use them to make glowstone dust, and an effective electric fence

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Gold cables are useful if you use them with the right pulse size.

I'd rather use glass fiber, diamonds are not that rare in my opinion [if you do strip mining]
    Gold cables loss should be lower than copper as it is better conductive than copper... but thats devs decision.

• I'd rather use glass fiber, diamonds are not that rare in my opinion [if you do strip mining]
    Gold cables loss should be lower than copper as it is better conductive than copper... but thats devs decision.

actually copper and silver are better conductors golds big RL advantage is the connectors don't oxidize

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Gold is fairly unreactive right? Add an acid crucible... Unless you want to add platinum.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• How about a second circuit recipe using gold instead of refined iron? It would be a realistic use of gold (as FenixR noted above).

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• How about a second circuit recipe using gold instead of refined iron? It would be a realistic use of gold (as FenixR noted above).

I suggest something similar: Use gold wire instead of insulated copper wire for the contacts. That way you could save on rubber. However, you'd usually have enough rubber by the time you found gold. Still, why do circuits need insulated wires? Batteries, too...