[QUESTION] Watermills and BuildCraft (and some other things)

• Hi,

first of all I want to know if its possible to pump water into watermills like lava in geo generators or something like this is planned or ever impkemented (due to balancing reasons).
    If not I just have to continue building geo parks in the nether ^^

Second is, Ive just read there can be a bug with higher resolution teturepacks and wrench, not being able to dissmantle anything but switching it into random direction.
    That just happend me in SSP, vanilla 16x16 pack and batboxes. Allready known?

Third, I (and you) know there is a bug with watermills (are they working unmanned correctly? Didnt find anything ... EDIT: unmanned watermills are not working for me if calbe to next storage ist too long, like windmills) not generating any EU. Just happend with my windmills here after cable was something arround 10 blocks long.
    After placing an EU storage under it, it worked fine. Possilbe bug?

Freienstein

• I can help you with #3, both output very low current, a unmaned water mill only outputs .1 eu/t for each water block flowing or not so if its a legnthy cable its eu wont reach teh storage. Same goes for windmills, it outputs 1-4 EU/t depending on teh "world wind" (add 20% for rain/snow and 50% for storm(Lighting)

" A Wind Mill will produce on average 250 EU per Minecraft day multiplied by its height in the world.
    This number varies greatly due to the highly unpredictable and
    constantly changing wind strength in the world; this number can be
    anything from 0 to 1000 EU. (Although numbers far below 150 or far above
    320 are uncommon )
    - A Wind Mill's efficiency can be hindered by any kind of block placed in a 9x9x7 area around it."

It's the idea of playing with atomic power, I am not perfect, same as any other human. Therefor, human = mistakes, mistakes = bad things, bad things + atomic fusion = very bad things. :cursing: :Nuke TNT: :cursing:

GO GREEN!

• It isn't possible to pump water into watermills via buildcraft pipes and afaik it isn't going to be implemented, but with redpower(using a filter, deployer and a retriever, not pipes or tubes!) you can make an automated manned watermill farm which can produce 2EU/t per watermill.
    For the second one, my guess is that your alt or shift or to whatever you have your sneak key configured to is stuck. Try pressing it a couple of times and then try again.
    Third, I suggest using tin cable, aka ultra-low-current-cable, for every generator expect nuclear, geothermal and the regular one. The only downside of it is that it cannot carry packets of over 5EU( you can connect 100 solar panels to it without melting the cable because they produce just 1EU/t, but if you connect your geothermal to something with it the cable will just disappear(20EU/t production vs 5EU/t capacity)) but its advantage is that it can carry the power for 39 blocks without losing any EU. If you are using copper cable with a water mill or a windmill(which isn't at 200+ height at which it can produce over 2 or more EU/t) you lose all of the power if your cable is 4+ blocks long as the maximium lossless distance for insulated copper cable is 4.
    I would also like to clarify that unmanned watermills produce under 0,01EU/t per adjacent water block(source or flowing). A water mill with one cable next to it and the 3x3 cube around it otherwise filled with water will produce 0,2EU/t.
    For windmilld power plants, I suggest looking in this thread for a really compact and efficient design by SpwnX.

• Thanks for the link I will try that ASAP. And I WAS using tin cables thats cause I am so confused. After dismantling the storages and generators and playing around with the cables it finally worked.
    The thing with the batbox: if my sneak key was stuck why did the output side change randomly? When Im sneaking it points away from me but it was just ... random.

• 1. Water mill pumping would be kinda difficult to implement and wouldn't be balanced - more EU unmanned at the cost of a redstone engine, a pump and a few pipes.
    2. The rotation bug is not due to texture packs - press alt a few times and see if it's solved.

• Official Post

1. Water mill pumping would be kinda difficult to implement and wouldn't be balanced - more EU unmanned at the cost of a redstone engine, a pump and a few pipes.
    2. The rotation bug is not due to texture packs - press alt a few times and see if it's solved.

Just a Question: What does pressing the Alternatekey exactly do?