Are chainsaws going to stop giving leaves?

• I've been using my chainsaw to cut down trees (that's what it's for!) and on ordinary trees (not rubber trees, those work fine) when I use the chainsaw to clear the leaves it gives me leaf blocks - which I do not want! I want to destroy the leaves to get saplings back so I can replant my trees or use the excess for fuel, not get useless leaf blocks, and I want to use my chainsaw because it is much faster at destroying leaf blocks. Will this characteristic be removed in a future version of IC2?

I hear that chainsaws have been made to act like like electric shears as well as an electric axe. I hope this will be replaced with an actual electric shears tool, instead of throwing this on the chainsaw.

• I've been using my chainsaw to cut down trees (that's what it's for!) and on ordinary trees (not rubber trees, those work fine) when I use the chainsaw to clear the leaves it gives me leaf blocks - which I do not want! I want to destroy the leaves to get saplings back so I can replant my trees or use the excess for fuel, not get useless leaf blocks, and I want to use my chainsaw because it is much faster at destroying leaf blocks. Will this characteristic be removed in a future version of IC2?

I hear that chainsaws have been made to act like like electric shears as well as an electric axe. I hope this will be replaced with an actual electric shears tool, instead of throwing this on the chainsaw.

NO! I HAVEN'T MADE MY UNLIMITED APPLE GEN YET! fyi breaking a leaf with a chainsaw drops both leaves, and saplings, and apples. and you can just set a leaf block down and hit it over and over if you want.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I just discovered that myself. I am certain that will be nerfed.

and why would they do a stupid thing like that? you'll use up more eu grinding with a chainsaw to burn straight saplings, or your "finite" tin reserves for cans of bio fuel trying to exploit this so there is no problem

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Electric shears as an item separate from chainsaws are planned to be implemented, yes?

nope there have been threads on this before. there are no separate electric shears in the pipe. the devs are aware of what it does they made it that way, and they are not going to change it (nor should they)

• So I've got perpetual leaf blocks that I can reharvest over and over completely unlike gravel which drops gravel OR flint, not both. And since I keep chopping down trees for wood, I'll keep getting more of these perpetual leaf blocks. What can I use them up on? I can't burn them as fuel like I can reeds or cactus or saplings. I could make plantballs, but their only use is biofuel which uses up tin to make energy, which I won't do because why would I use up nonrenewable resources on renewable energy?

I suppose if leaves could be burned like reeds (aka not for very much) and/or plantballs could be made into a less efficient but less bulky and more renewable fuel (read: http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&postID=58517 ) this wouldn't be so bad. But as of now I have to place down all the leaf blocks I harvest and were cluttering my inventory and break them with something else (like a torch), or run them through my recyclers.

• you can do the following to manage your leaves/clear your inentory
    1. plant all trees on a 1x1 dirt block so you can get underneath with out knocking off leaves(then they will decay on their own)
    2. lay and punch like gravel
    3. throw the leaves on the ground/in a deep hole and wait for them to despawn
    4. install a mod that uses leaf blocks
    5. make and maintain hedge statues and other decorations around your house(i recommend a series of hedge lined cobble road with stone slab side walks leading every where)
    6. use it as guilt free recycler fodder (you know you feel guilty building that cobble gen just to make scrap admit it)
    7. throw it in lava (you already have lava laying around from your cobble gen just convert it to a disposal)
    8. use the chainsaw as a weapon to gain exp and enchant yourself a diamond axe
    9. throw it in an EE transmutation table

• 1: I plant birches so I don't have to worry. And this doesn't apply to wild trees I have to clear. And breaking with a chainsaw is faster than decay.
    2: Annoying to have to forgo the benefits of industrialization, but reasonable.
    3: Well I like at least breaking even on saplings for replanting, though if they drop when I break with the chainsaw in the first place that's ok.
    4: I'm happy with IC2 and Buildcraft.
    5: Interesting idea! Maybe a hedge maze.
    6: Probably what I'm going to do.
    7: See 3.
    8: Or the nanosaber. Never have done enchanting since I have IC2, might if there's an "unbreakable" enchant and I have enough diamonds to spare. But then again, would it be as fast as the chainsaw?
    9: I assume that's from some mod. See 4.

And I will note that this does *not* happen with rubber trees, darn it. Would have made making a rubber plantation so easy, had to do it the hard way. Birch and rubber trees have leaves that look the same, right? Maybe I can patch some of my rubber trees with birch leaves, they got kinda ripped up when I was chopping down their neighbors.

• a maxed unbreakable iv enchantment will make a tool last 4 times longer (unbreakable x might be truly unbreakable but i think you need to hack that in) and with the right enchantments the diamond ax should out pace the chainsaw in theory

yeah rubber and birch use the same leaves to save on block id's try breeding sticky reed

you can use the custom recipes mod to add a recipe that lets you craft leaves into plant balls

• ...yeah rubber and birch use the same leaves to save on block id's try breeding sticky reed

you can use the custom recipes mod to add a recipe that lets you craft leaves into plant balls

Ah good I'll start repairing. I'll get to agriculture... eventually...

Leaves can already be crafted into plantballs. I just can't use the plantballs on anything useful without using up nonrenewable tin. :(

• Ah good I'll start repairing. I'll get to agriculture... eventually...

Leaves can already be crafted into plantballs. I just can't use the plantballs on anything useful without using up nonrenewable tin. :(

good time to take up high altitude jetpacking then :D

• That could actually be a defense system! :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

I suppose another way I could dispose of leaf blocks would be to build a line of them on a wall then set them on fire. Since fire destroying leaves also drops saplings, I get my saplings as they drop to safety, and I get rid of my leaves.

Nope, not Possible. Only possible with NATURAL Trees, because the Leaves are just losing their support.