[Suggestion] Natural gas power generation

Why not Tar ? It would me more realistic than Solid Gas I guess (But less fun, as it wouldn't explode or move upward)

Hey, why not both? ^^

• you could add a gassifier that turns charcoal into woodgas allowing us to get more eu out of our logs at the cost of an extra step

Not already suggested ? I think so. (But gas too, so ...)
    As it would be a minor update, it could be a good Idea.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Not already suggested ? I think so. (But gas too, so ...)

It was part of a discontinued add-on done back in 1.15 ~ 1.23 of IC^2... If it ever returns, I'd be forever grateful!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• you could add a gassifier that turns charcoal into woodgas allowing us to get more eu out of our logs at the cost of an extra step

Gasogenerator - combination of forge and generator:

insert wood (log, plank, sticks, chest, ... wood dust if added) and some fuel to warm up.
    When pyrolyze starts, gas is used to provide heat and EU output, wood consumed, charcoal and liquid fuel produced.
    If cans or empty cells not provided, liquid fuel spent to heat/EU too.

Pro:
    1.efficient wood consuming,
    2.giving EU, fuel, light...
    Contra:
    1.need to be hot (biome dependent?),
    2.burn while has wood and place for charcoal even if EU/fuel is lost.

• Official Post

I considered coding "gas"-blocks once, moving on their own (upward), exploding upon contact with fire and being harvestable by properly placing a harvesting device which will suck in gas block from below it, turning them into a possibly fuel source.

Those gas-blocks could also suffocate player if nearby.If you start breaking blocks with a pickaxe nearby gas blocks, it would also blow :D.

You will know when you are nearby gas because it starts suffocating you.

And using them as fuel, would be nice. :)

• Anyone ever tough of making machines produce toxic gas? this would mean that you factory need ventilation.

This should probably go under a suggestion of your own, instead of a thread that is almost 4 months old, and I believe that your suggestion would fit under pollution which has already been suggested, and, if I remember correctly, denied

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• pollution which has already been suggested, and, if I remember correctly, denied

It's actually planned for IC² 2.0!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

It's actually planned for IC² 2.0!

It appears that I do not remember corrrectly

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l