[Addon v1.95] Industrial Loot 0.1

• A very simple mod, special it compiles quick ship it edition.

Industrial Loot 0.1 for IC2 1.95
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zgdvd7y7zdai0ty

Make loot chests actually worth finding, string?, wheat ??, some useless pig saddle, bah I battled mobs to get this recycler fodder! Aside from some redstone, iron, the odd diamond and music disc, its all pretty useless.

If you've installed Railcraft you'll find the odd item and Redpower adds forth boot discs, but we all know what you need more of.

Finally the chance to find some of the items you need to get started. And when I get the bukkit port, get people on your server to actually use some bronze.

Oh and I fiddled with NPC villages because I can, and so you can actually find one.

requirements:
    Industrial Craft² 1.95b
    Minecraft 1.2.5
    Forge

Dungeon loot chest
    removed: Saddle
    added: Batpack :Batpack:
    Circuit :Electronic Circuit:
    Carbon Plate

NPC village blacksmith loot chest
    removed: Food items
    swapped: Sapplings for rubber sapplings
    Iron armour for bronze armour :Bronze Chestplate:
    added: Insulated copper cables :Cable:
    RE batteries
    Bronze, copper and tin ingots

Improvments to NPC village spawn code
    - added additional biomes to spawn list
    ocean, swampland, taiga, ice Plains, ice Mountains, desert Hills, forest, forest Hills,
    jungle, jungle Hills, river
    - Above change mainly to counteract Redpower volcanoes over-building villages.
    - village path generator builds wood plank walkways over liquids/oceans.
    - added missing doors to blacksmith and one small hut.

Future improvements:
    - add a few more items to dungeon chests
    - Bukkit server port (next on the list)
    - Write forge style hooks into the various loot chests, and submit as possible forge improvements.
    - spawn loot items in Stronghold and Abandoned Mineshaft chests
    - incorprate changes made in MC 12w21 (or later). Namely ability for villagers to trade items, Desert Pyramid loot chests, biome specific hut materials.
    - add some items from other mods, Buildcraft, Redpower
    - configuration files
    - unique industrial themed map generated structures

version history
    0.1 First released version, only includes changes to NPC villages and spawns IC2 items in village blacksmith and dungeon chests.

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• I think this is neat and will download now. I love finding chest, but am always bummed out with the loot, especially when i die trying to get to it. As long as we don't loot lap packs and high end items constantly, i think will be in good shape. Good Job!

• Next version will include some rare but valueable items, an Energy Crystal (unchanged of course), the odd bit of fibre cable, some random cells.

So much for my plans to replace the vanilla fortress end portal room with a far more stylish (and roomy) premade one I have from an old map. It uses a few microblock arches and marble in general. Installing this on a server usually involves killing lots of silverfish or finding an admin who actually has good skills at using world edit.

I hope u will join the IC2 Team since this is just something missing in IC2!

Unfortunately it does require modifying some base classes in minecraft, think that is something the IC2 Team are trying to avoid.
    Aside from dungeons there are no Forge hooks into loot chests, and Mojang are adding more stuctures in the next version that have loot chests.

• Hem, hem. Finding dungeons will feel so GLORIOUS when loot those sweet chest. AWW YEAH! :thumbup: :thumbup: *gamerpoop moist towelettes*

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Does this work for SMP?

Not yet, still working on the bukkit port and some other improvements.

• Just FYI, not everyone uses Bukkit for SMP. Please don't forget those of us who run SMP without it.

• how much did you improve the spawn rate of the village have found 3 more then it normal is this why i run on this seed number i normal play on whne i restartet o.o

• I've managed to recompile bukkit base classes as is required for the loot changes for NPC villages, but the next step is to get Forge to compile into bukkit.
    Problem is I can't decompile the bukkit version of forge, nor can I find the vital source files that are specific to bukkit.

Looks like I may have to request a new forge hook and wait to see what it appears in. Possibly a stable 1.3.1 version of Forge, given the developers are no doubt busy with that.

• Just a quick note, I will be updating this to IC2 1.0.7 or whatever at some stage. In the meantime the 1.0.7 beta for IC2 does add some items to loot chests anyway.

Considering making the NPC village part into a seperate mod, would do away with the need to edit base classes for Industrial Loot. But first I need to see what I can do with the trade system.