[Suggestion] Radioisotope thermoelectric Battery

• My newest suggestion, add a Radioisotope thermoelectric generator\Battery to IC2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R…_thermoelectric_generator

RTG's are used in space probes and in extremely remote applications on Earth.

The RTG would act like a battery but would use a Uranium Cell instead of being charged, once the battery is depleted it would need to be placed in a compressor with a Uranium Cell to refill it.

The recipe could be Nuclear Reactor surrounded by integrated reactor plating and a MFS or MFSU on top:

:Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: :Reactor: :Intergrated Plating: = :Advanced Machine:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

As for power output and overall quantity of power generated from the RTG, I would like to see it be able to run a miner, I'm not really sure about the numbers.

What does everyone think about he recipe and power levels?

• Official Post

My newest suggestion, add a Radioisotope thermoelectric generator\Battery to IC2

ALL THREE TYPES OF THINGS YOU SUGGESTED ARE ALREADY DENIED

Type 1 New Generators
    Type 2 New Batteries
    Type 3 Nuclear Batteries (also presuggested)

And you didn't even worked your suggestion out, so please stop trying to get a Facepalm from me.

• ALL THREE TYPES OF THINGS YOU SUGGESTED ARE ALREADY DENIED

Type 1 New Generators
    Type 2 New Batteries

And you didn't even worked your suggestion out, so please stop trying to get a Facepalm from me.

I accidentally submitted while typing and you replied before I finished and submitted, please check out the finished post.

• here is how i rate this suggestion
    thought out: 0/100, compressors only have one input how am i supposed to put a uranium cell and this battery in there at the same time? no hard numbers have been worked out at all.
    presentation: 10/100, you gave us your source of inspiration(+5), and a recipe(+5) everything else is lacking i have no urge to run out and build this
    unique spin: 0/100, this is either a nuke battery or a simplified reactor both of which have been rejected already. I don't see anything special about it.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

ALL THREE TYPES OF THINGS YOU SUGGESTED ARE ALREADY DENIED

Type 1 New Generators
    Type 2 New Batteries

THIS.

here is how i rate this suggestion
    thought out: 0/100, compressors only have one input how am i supposed to put a uranium cell and this battery in there at the same time? no hard numbers have been worked out at all.
    presentation: 10/100, you gave us your source of inspiration(+5), and a recipe(+5) everything else is lacking i have no urge to run out and build this
    unique spin: 0/100, this is either a nuke battery or a simplified reactor both of which have been rejected already. I don't see anything special about it.

AND THIS.

STILL.

• here is how i rate this suggestion

It could be recrafted with the Uranium Cell like the CF Sprayer then.

A source of inspiration and a recipe is a lot more than most suggestions are posted with here, I also did ask for input at the end of my original post.

This is a nuke battery no doubt about it, that's exactly what makes it special. I think it makes perfect sense, especially for an application like the miner. I would rather craft the RTG and use it rather than enable MFSU in miner in the config file.

• Official Post

It could be recrafted with the Uranium Cell like the CF Sprayer then.

A source of inspiration and a recipe is a lot more than most suggestions are posted with here, I also did ask for input at the end of my original post.

This is a nuke battery no doubt about it, that's exactly what makes it special. I think it makes perfect sense, especially for an application like the miner. I would rather craft the RTG and use it rather than enable MFSU in miner in the config file.

MFSU != Lapotroncrystal, i saw that fail two times in this Thread.

• It could be recrafted with the Uranium Cell like the CF Sprayer then.

this scoring system is for repeat suggestions not brilliantly simple new ideas if you score high enough in these 3 categories then i would consider the suggestion worthy of resurrection and support it other wise its my opinion that the suggestion should be rejected for the same reason that the previous versions of the suggestion were rejected.

also why not just craft a single chamber mk1 reactor on site?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• this scoring system is for repeat suggestions not brilliantly simple new ideas if you score high enough in these 3 categories then i would consider the suggestion worthy of resurrection and support it other wise its my opinion that the suggestion should be rejected for the same reason that the previous versions of the suggestion were rejected.

also why not just craft a single chamber mk1 reactor on site?

IRL you would not create an unmanned mk1 reactor on site to power anything. You would use an RTG to power remote unmanned things like space probes, light houses and Autominers :D

This is a lot more portable (it's a new battery) than mk1 reactor and it's components and makes more sense for the application in my opinion.

• IRL i wouldn't be building any power source that needs radioactive materials

• IRL i wouldn't be building any power source that needs radioactive materials

Yeah we both know it's not IRL, but my point is still the same, in this application you would not build a reactor when a much simpler battery would suffice.

• Yeah we both know it's not IRL, but my point is still the same, in this application you would not build a reactor when a much simpler battery would suffice.

the reactor is just a core and as a result is much simpler

but my point is still the same, in this application you would not build a reactor when a much simpler battery would suffice.

The main thing that this suggestion is already denied.
    That means it is invalid from the start, and further discussion does not make sense.
    Its not about that the suggestion is bad, but its denied.

• And the lurker is awake...(me)

passinglurker: So its easier to carry around a mk1 nuke reactor and hook it up to a miner? Hardly...

I personally like this idea (goes into bunker and awaits barrage of hate). Would be nice to have a psudobattery (This is a upgraded electrolized water cell FYI) That could be shoved in a machine for long periods of use.

2 conditions though...

1) The (psudo)battery will have a 20% loss of energy while creating it.
    2) Has a whatever% chance of exploding when depleated.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Thanks for the backup! I also don't get how moving around a bunch of non stackable parts plus all the miner parts is easier!

• I don't get why you use a miner. It sucks, and this idea sucks.

using the work sucks more that once per sentence doesn't help the counter argument. a better one would be "use a batpack in the battery slot"

• I like the idea of Nuclear batterys per se. The issue is, why would you want to use your Uranium on a battery, if you can use it in a well-setup reactor, given, for balance reasons, the battery would need to be MUCH more inefficient then a simple reactor.

how about a single use battery recipe that uses uranium? it makes single use batteries less useless and appeases the users that refuse to build a reactor and as a result insist an alternative use for uranium be added.