Cooling tower/tank for reactor

• Reactors should have a cooling tank/tower, so as long as water is pumped in, you won't blow up :P

crafted like so

:Tin Ingot: :Compressed Coal Ball: :Tin Ingot:

:Advanced Circuit: :Miner: :Advanced Circuit:

:Empty Cell: :Reactor: :Empty Cell:

where :Compressed Coal Ball: is carbon plate, :Reactor: is reactor chamber and :Miner: is a pump

pulls source blocks of water beneath it into the reactor, offers cooling similar to water bucket.

if it runs out of water, it will continue pumping for 5 minutes before it turns into a machine block(drops?).

• Official Post

Denied multiple times.

Its to much like pumping Water into Reactor directly, what is way too Overpowered.

Also try to use a Waterbucket-CASUC, it's OP too, but its possible to do with Redpower.

• Denied multiple times.

Its to much like pumping Water into Reactor directly, what is way too Overpowered.

Also try to use a Waterbucket-CASUC, it's OP too, but its possible to do with Redpower.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• If i remember properly buildcraft supports nuclear reactors. Just use compressors with water cells or pumps to get snow and compress it again to get ice and pipe it in to the reactor. Automate it all with pipes and you should be set, if you need external cooling that bad on a reactor you should be able to net enough energy gain to make it worthwhile. But then again I don't play with reactors that much so you will have to figure it out.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• If i remember properly buildcraft supports nuclear reactors. Just use compressors with water cells or pumps to get snow and compress it again to get ice and pipe it in to the reactor. Automate it all with pipes and you should be set, if you need external cooling that bad on a reactor you should be able to net enough energy gain to make it worthwhile. But then again I don't play with reactors that much so you will have to figure it out.

Yes, and I've tried it, but it is not very efficient: you need min 20% of the energy you produce with the nuclear reactor to create Ice Blocks, and it's a lot of compressor/redstone engine/tube/cable.
    RedPower CASUC is 10 time more efficient (and cheaper)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!