[Suggestion]Bring back Energy-O-Mats

• As far as I know, the Energy-o-Mat is due for a comeback after receiving a much needed rework. It is on the list.

• dont really see a point because you can steal energy from cables connected to energy o mat, besides energy is sach easy resourse! I dont see a problem getting it, even on my hardcore server with all generators except nuclear generate 20 times less energy)

• Official Post

You all forget Adventure-Mode, even if IC² skips 1.3 if there is no API, it will then come hopefully in 1.4, and then you can sell Energy to drive Machines in a prepaid-Workshop.

• You all forget Adventure-Mode, even if IC² skips 1.3 if there is no API, it will then come hopefully in 1.4, and then you can sell Energy to drive Machines in a prepaid-Workshop.

Good point, then again I don't think we were taking into account the snapshots here.

• I had the same experience, saw it on the wiki, looked for it on NEI, tryed to make it. I really think it was a cool little block and :thumbup: for bringing it back!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I was thinking on a server, you would have cables coming from a town powerhouse, and then have it run out under the street. It would run into an Energy-O-Mat, and then the output would be the ONLY unprotected side. So they build their house in the plot, and hook up to the power and pay a power bill.

• I was thinking on a server, you would have cables coming from a town powerhouse, and then have it run out under the street. It would run into an Energy-O-Mat, and then the output would be the ONLY unprotected side. So they build their house in the plot, and hook up to the power and pay a power bill.

I did something similar to this on a small friends only server, i built CF foam foundations with a LV Transformer bumping down voltage from the MV grid.
    The way i charged for for power wasnt by amount used but for the actual connection. i made a small building with a trade-o-mat and a personal safe for each user, the user paid afew IC coins, got a snow ball out (We were in a snow biome, more abundant then dirt) and i made sure i kept there power on for the week.
    If the user didnt pay for there power they had one week to pay back there bill before i cut off there power.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Fallen_Dead, instead of using snowballs, you could simply charge 1 extra coin and have the trade-o-mat give 1 coin back as change for the overpayment. that way you don't have to worry about finding snowballs (or any other "token" item) and the chest holds only coins, maximizing its available inventory space.