Difference between IC2, redpower, forestry ore gen?

• So, I'm starting a new world and I have to ask: How do IC2, forestry, and redpower differ in their copper/tin generation? I've seen that IC2 tends to place oodles of copper at relatively high y-levels, and tin at high levels at low y-levels, but I've never played with either of the two other mods. Any thoughts?

• well, never had forestry gen on but I have used IC2 and RP2 generation at different points and haven't really seen a difference with either.
    Last game I had IC2 doing the copper and tin, now with the one i'm playing now (added Mystcraft) i'm letting RP2 do everything.

• Redpower ores tend to spawn a bit everywhere unlike the IC ores where copper is most common at 30+ or something and tin is most common in the diamond layer. Forestry just generates less ores.

• Are Copperore and Tinore UUM-able if IC²-Ores are deactivated?

Doesn't that just disable IC ore generation? How would that affect crafting recipes?

(And thanks for the input guys, I suppose I might try out RP2 since I mine mostly at diamond layer; I just have too much tin and not enough copper)

• Doesn't that just disable IC ore generation? How would that affect crafting recipes?

(And thanks for the input guys, I suppose I might try out RP2 since I mine mostly at diamond layer; I just have too much tin and not enough copper)

It disables both IC2 ore generation and the blocks for IC2 ores at the moment. Hence it can't give you an IC2 ore block from the UU-Matter recipe.