crops don't want to grow and are destroyed even with crop-matron

• Well it is the first time i use the crop-matron and after having read the rules in the wiki i managed a 5x7 area to grow crops.
    I placed the crop matron in the center and fill it with fertilizer, hydraton cells and weed-ex.
    But only the peripheral crops grow*, all the other crops die !
    What i have done wrong ?

* And only the two borders of 7 blocks each making two paralell trails with crops growing, the rest is desertic.

P.S: Before this i had removed the two water streams which surrouded the parcel on each side of 5 blocks: all crops were living before.

Sry bad english, hope you understand what i mean.

Edit : with an image it is better :

As you can see the center of the is impossible to hydrate and becomes unable to cultivate anything, in the right part next to the matron a crop was being ejected, it has a planted crop though : a new wasted one.
    In this picture there was 3 hydration cells, 18 fertilizer and 2 weed-ex in the matron and it was taken by day, the batbox is full and the solar panels trasmit correctly the energy.
    Please help me what i was doing wrong !

• I've seen the same thing recently (1.95b).

Till earth, hydrate, plant seeds. No problem. Will go all day long.

Till earth, insert crop "rack", plant seeds - and the tile turns back to un-tilled dirt and pops the "rack" off.

-You don't need to be anywhere near by for it to happen, I was standing in an enclosed greenhouse ~10 blocks away waiting till it happened. It takes a few seconds (sometimes as much as 30).
    -Only happens to certain blocks. It's consistent at least, so any block that has this issue will continue to have this issue. Blocks that don't have the issue work flawlessly.
    -It has nothing to do with the crop-matron OR water OR hydration - its a function of the Crop "rack" and hydration updating the block.

• P.S: Before this i had removed the two water streams which surrouded the parcel on each side of 5 blocks: all crops were living before.

Not probably, definitively. Tilled dirt need a water source nearby to stay tilled. Otherwise it changes back to dirt. This is a basic part of farming in Minecraft and is separate from the IC2 hydration.

• DO'H

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P