• I have gotten every single other plant, except for aurelia, but not hops. I simply cannot get them. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. What worked for you guys? Are there any special requirements I am not aware of?

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• I have gotten every single other plant, except for aurelia, but not hops. I simply cannot get them. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. What worked for you guys? Are there any special requirements I am not aware of?

I used wheat and Nether Wart, but as I have said before, it is random how it works. Just keep trying and cross many different plants together. You aren't doing anything wrong, really... Hops are like wheat, I think, and look like it for a while.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I got it from Cocoa and Terrawart

I have been mostly trying to get hops with various plants and netherwart

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Thank you very much, now I can finally make my coffee maker! Now I only need to get that terra wart to grow faster...

• I've not heard this, but rather know for a fact(and everyone here should by now), that the plants you crossbreed tend to create a random plant if they would create a new crop. So the whole thing about needing netherwart to get Hops is largely irrelevant, since it's mostly(if it actually) random what you get.
    One guy says he got coffee from crossbreeding cocoa and wheat, another reeds and melons, and another Ferru and Hops!(all just random selections of plants, I don't know or care if anyone said these things)

If you want everything, crossbreed ALL the crops! Getting plants with high GGR isn't needed for crossbreeding success(in fact, a lower R value would be good in many cases, since if it gets too high it spreads weeds as well). Nutrition and Hydration on a empty crossing crop might increase the chance of getting a new crop, but it might not. It's largely random what you get when and how.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Really, they're completely random?
    Agriculture isn't that complicated after all then. Only three rules that I've found really matter.

1. The tier of your crossbreed is limited by the sum of their parents' tier +1.

2. Crossbreeding is completely random. You can get anything if it's in the tier range.

3. A plant can only successfully be crossbred if the conditions are right.

Going to stick with random Stickreed breeding for the hops then, since mine have a growth stat of 18 and will save me some time and their tier is enough to get anything.

Is that all correct?

• If all these differing reports of what people bred to get what means anything, yeah, it's pretty random. Maybe not COMPLETELY random, you have to jump some hoops to get some things(netherwart for one, requires you to first get terrawart, it seems), but largely random. Though keep the nutrition on the crossed crop up. Helps with drop rates I hear. Which obviously helps when you want to get the seeds.

Also I'm confused, if can one get seeds without breaking a crop? Or can I increase the drop rate from a crop to have more the one seed if the gain and nutrtion is high enough?

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Once you get one you can just let it grow and then cross breed from it. A
    square crops designs is good for this. With my experience the most
    likely plants to get from a cross breed is one of the parent plants
    followed by a similar plant and finally a completely different
    plant(flowers being the most common of these).

So breeding reeds together is the easiest way to get stickreed and wheat for redwheat.

In other news: Pretty much only reed will grow in the desert.