Laser Dispenser

• Shapeless crafting: Mining Laser + Dispenser

Have internal EU storage like other machines (can be powered by cable / batteries), EU drained per shot. Triggered by redstone signal just like regular dispenser (shoots 1 beam straight forward when input redstone goes from off to on).

Have side slots just like machines for adding Overclocker Upgrade, Energy Storage Upgrade and Transformer Upgrade. Lazer direction can be realigned with Wrench.

Beam type output dependent on Overclocker Upgrade amount: (Just like Mining Laser mode)
    0: Short Range Beam
    1: Normal Beam
    2: Long Range Beam
    3+: Explosive Beam

• Why? Its already in Redpower, just Deployer + Mininglaser = Turret.

Me and my friends decided to stick with just IC2 as the tech mod and few smaller mods as additions for more stability. We never tried Redpower before but we're pretty sure to not add that (along with BC, Thaumcraft, and other big tech mods) into our current world.

• Me and my friends decided to stick with just IC2 as the tech mod and few smaller mods as additions for more stability. We never tried Redpower before but we're pretty sure to not add that (along with BC, Thaumcraft, and other big tech mods) into our current world.

What would happen if I ask Notch for implementing a part of IC² in MC because I don't want to play with all IC² ? Nothing. Just use RP, we won't add something just for "you and your friends".
    Could be added if it has a different function than the RP one.
    But Upgradable laser turret has already been suggested.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As Mat said, laser turret has been suggested already and before you say this isnt a laser turret, let me tell you IT IS.
    Just use Redpower, its an awesome mod!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• not that its a bad idea its just that you will be waiting a long time for this to be added so your better off using existing tools when possible

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I would contend against the prevailing opinion that neither this suggestion nor a Mining Laser in a Deployer is a turret, as "turret" conjures to my mind a degree of rotation and aiming without use of a wrench nor a screwdriver, not a Dispenser full of arrows. A snowman is more of a turret than these, as is a Tesla Coil.

Another detail that further separates the Deployer model from the Original Idea is charging. The suggestion intended this to be connected to the E-Net. The Deployer model requires a steady supply of mining lasers or an EU-sneakernet. Granted, the suggestion also mentioned batteries.

All in all, I like the idea: Well stated, uses for harvesting as well as for digging without the dangers of falling and for getting rid of that pesky mountain by pulling a lever behind a blast shield.

However, the Deployer model is a close workaround until such time as this is implemented, if ever. I would urge the suggester to set up another legal instance of vanilla and play a creative world in Single-Player using IC2 and RP to just test-drive it for awhile. Just remember to put something un-laserable at the end of your crop-line so your auto-harvester doesn't zap you.

(In general, I would urge everyone to download a fresh vanilla instance, since the lag between 1.25 and 1.3 may be a bit longer than usual :P )

• The point I could see for a Auto-firing Mining Laser block with redstone input would be not having to charge the mining laser, but directly the block, making it working as a machine.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!