"Support Request: [Pump pumps one source liquid block and nothing else]"

• Having a problem where I cant get the pump to pump any of the liquid source blocks even when there is an infinite amount of liquid below and around it. Everything is powered up and setup the way it is supposed to be. I attached a picture of my lava setup, the water one is the exact same way and does the same thing. The cells never get filled no matter what position I place the pump (always rewiring power after I dismantle jus to b sure)

• Having a problem where I cant get the pump to pump any of the liquid source blocks even when there is an infinite amount of liquid below and around it. Everything is powered up and setup the way it is supposed to be. I attached a picture of my lava setup, the water one is the exact same way and does the same thing. The cells never get filled no matter what position I place the pump (always rewiring power after I dismantle jus to b sure)

IC2 Pumps can only pump liquid from a single block directly beneath them. If you want to collect a whole bunch of liquid you are better of using buildcraft or redpower pumps.

• Yea I already have that geothermal generator setup like that. You would think the IC pump would actually b a pump on its own instead of a napkin.

• IC2 pumps can pull from BC tanks below them. So you could BC pump into a tank and IC2 pump into cells.
    Another (expensive) option is to stick a miner above a large pool of lava and let it suck up the lava through a pump. That increases it to a 9x9 with an OV scanner, I believe.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• I ended up jus makin a 5x5x1 pit filling it with lava then placing the IC pump in the middle, then downloading an infinite lava source mod. Did the same thing for water and the IC pump pulls the middle source block which regenerats on its own. It works how I wanted it to. Thanks everybody

• I ended up jus makin a 5x5x1 pit filling it with lava then placing the IC pump in the middle, then downloading an infinite lava source mod. Did the same thing for water and the IC pump pulls the middle source block which regenerats on its own. It works how I wanted it to. Thanks everybody

There is also the bucket filler mod that can fill the tin cans for you. This mod is not updated officially but later in the bucket filler thread I found a updated version of it.

• Im about to test that out Neo, if it works you jus earned a digi-dap. Thanks a lot to all the people that answered

Edit: I tried it Neo and unfortunately it didn't fill anything...looks like I'll jus have to go without the automatic part of gettin filled cells

Ok, that explains something then. The pump apparently works by taking the first available empty cell or bucket and performs the right click action on the block below it. But cells don't fill from BC tanks.

It does work for buckets. You could stick the pump next to a chest which is next to an autocrafting table, and craft buckets + empty cells into full cells.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!