Custom Sounds?

• Are custom sounds implemented for IC2 yet? If so, I cannot figure out how to install them. Installing audiomod does not seem to work, and I cannot see any sound files in the download.

• Official Post

Probably not, As I have a *better* sound I extracted from and old game, Lego Rock Raiders.

Lego Rock Raider Drill SFX

This sound is just as annoying as the dentist drill, lol. Plus it's a copyrighted piece of work. I don't fancy getting sued by the developers of lego rock raiders. :)

I've already done the sounds for the mining drill. They're MUCH less
    annoying than the last one. The first wave of sounds will be mostly
    placeholders (they're still all high quality custom sounds). There are
    considerable plans for the second wave of sounds involving dynamic
    variation and trying to veer as far away from looping audio as possible
    without damaging functionality.

• Actually to be honest, I prefer the dentist drill to the new one. While its really annoying, I have begun to associate it to a sort of high tech thing, and a change into an obnoxious jackhammer would lower the tech.

• Official Post

Actually to be honest, I prefer the dentist drill to the new one. While its really annoying, I have begun to associate it to a sort of high tech thing, and a change into an obnoxious jackhammer would lower the tech.

It's not currently a jackhammer sound. Still sounds like a drill, just lower pitch to cut out some of the annoying high frequencies and a few alternate hits so you're not hearing the exact same sound every time. They will be implemented in 1.0, then I'm open to suggestions. :)

EDIT: Oh, and on a side note, a jackhammer wouldn't fit into my design philosophy. They are pneumatically powered, whereas electrical tools are almost exclusively powered by motors and servos. The sound will fit my concept of how the tool actually functions. I may go as far as drawing up rough schematics on how the machines and tools operate. :)