Windmill

• I came to this site because I had switched over to Industrial Craft and Buildcraft from Better than Wolves thinking surely I can do a windmill with something else besides BTW. I cam across this thread here:

Better Than Buildcraft - Opinions?

Its actually really funny because I dont really like the guy either. But I realized is he the only one smart enough to create a windmill and water wheel that works in Minecraft? Because I havent seen anyone else do it. I couldnt believe when I got Buildcraft AND Industrial Craft working that there is no way to create either one. How is that possible?? Is that possible?

Is there no way except Better than Wolves to do that?

By the way I really love Industrial Craft its awesome!! Just saying we have to atleast recognize they guy has done some amazing work that apparently nobody else is able (willing) to do.

• Where's the suggestion? Well, in IC² there are no watermills/windmills with a model like Flowerchild's because it would be too laggy, not because of unability of the developers.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Hey man, you are right this is suggestions isnt i?. I guess my suggestion is instead of tearing the guy a new one lets be constructive and do something about offering what he has so brilliantly implemented in his mod? But like I said he really deserves it for being such a prick. So how come he can get it to work without it being laggy? Is it because Industrial Craft has so many more features than BuildCraft and Wolves that adding a gear box to the programming would make it lag??

Thanks for the response!!

• A few mills wouldn't lag, and if you use better than wolves you need only 1 to power your entire workship if I remember correctly. But if you use hundreds like many IndustrialCrafters do it will lag badly if the mills have a complicated model.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Thats all I want is actually one Windmill. I was just thinking for the joy of having a windmill and a water wheel. It would be sweet to power stuff if you wanted to keep that farming feel and have the industrial aspect to your farm as well. But even just to build a working Windmill is awesome. I miss that from BTW but I LOVE industrial Craft. Why cant we have the best of both worlds!!

So I guess that's my new and final suggestion. Please implement a Windmill and Water Wheel like in Better than Wolves.

Man I wish I had taken programming!!

Thanks!!

• welcome to the forums
    this has been talked about before but here goes
    btw is optimized for ssp
    ic2 is made for smp
    as a result btw can do a lot of artsy stuff that would kill servers. ic2 devs wont implement this not because they are lazy or are to dumb like you are implying but because this mod is optimized for multiplayer. its a case of function over form.

a new high output windmill will also not be implemented because "the one gen to run the shop" position is reserved for the end game nuclear reactor. if you do not wish to adapt then here are your options
    1. use the ugocraft mod to build something that looks like a working windmill
    2. get flowerchild to get off his high horse and reintegrate forge into btw so we can use crossover-mods
    3. pay a programmer to make a mod for you

EDIT: also repeating previously denied suggestions like this is frowned upon here please use the search button next time to check before posting

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Man I am so sorry that my message communicated that you guys were lazy and incompetent. I thought I had put a question mark at the end of that sentence that said "willing or able." But even that would still have unfair implications. I didnt even mean the "nobody" in that sentence to communicate you in specific it was a universal nobody. My apologies!!

Obviously you guys are not incompotent or lazy. I did say this was an awesome mod and I love it.

I do deserve that comment though and I am really sorry. That was not my intention. I was just so confused why it wasnt implemented. A true sign of my ignorance on such matters.

I have a question then how much and who can I pay to make a windmill and watermill? IS there a forum section to ask this? Can you recommend anyone??I will look into ugocraft (and thanks for that I never even heard of it)

Once again my apologies. You guys are nothing short of genius and I REALLY mean that!!

• we're not the geniuses we are just fanboys you will know a ic2 dev(a.k.a. genius) when you see one. as for hiring a programmer alblaka(ic2's head dev) a while back had a thing for taking commissions at the MCforums (google: alblaka's mod shop) that would be a good place to start, but note that alblaka doesn't take money to add things to the official ic2 release just addons and new mods

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

So I guess that's my new and final suggestion. Please implement a Windmill and Water Wheel like in Better than Wolves.

No...

Not because it would look goofy for mess up current water mill layouts, but because it's not our place to copy identical looks from other, lesser, mod developers...

(Not to mention Eloraam has already done a good job of taking away almost ALL of the utility usefulness from that mod as is anyway...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.