Suggestions-Geysers, Carbon Fibre Block, E85, MOAR power sources, Lithium, and more!

• I've been playing with IC2 and Buildcraft 3.x.x, and they're good mods. However, I would like to take them a step further. These modifications mostly apply to IC2, but may be useful for Buildcraft as well. Here they are:

1) Geysers. Personally, I find the idea of feeding a Geothermal Generator :Geothermal Generator: lava odd. A real Geothermal Generator runs off of water boiled with the Earth's heat. In this case, I would suggest having a water pump-gen combo. After mining for a magma deposit or a certain depth underground, you could have the generator take water from the pump, run it down a pipe (similar to the miner pipe or pump from BC) and back up to generator to produce EU. The generator GUI would have both a cold water gauge and a hot water gauge. Cold water would be the water from the pump it has stored. Hot water, in sufficient quantities, would be taken from storage to produce EU at about 10-20 EU/t, depending on the quantity of water in the machine. In addition, if separated lava/magma and water are within 4 metres of each other, the water would boil. These would spawn in geysers to the surface or could be created artificially, as stated above. The boiling water could then be pumped into the generator and used as-is.

2) Carbon Fibre Blocks. Pretty straight forward. Just take 9 carbon fibre meshes and arrange them in the crafting table. You would get a block with a similar texture to black wool, but with a strength just over obsidian, say, 72.

3) E85. Again, very simple. I don't know if this has been implemented already, but it would go like this: Take an empty fuel can. Fill it with 4 Biofuel cells and 2 Petroleum cells. This would give you one can of E85, with an energy density between that of regular petroleum fuel and ethanol.

4) More power sources. This one is inspired by Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. You would have a Fusion Torus (20 EU/t), which would run off of hydrogen (water cells put in an Isotope Manipulator, which would be used to make Hydrogen Cells and U-238 Cells, the safer version of the re-enriched Uranium (U-235) Cell with 3/4 normal output). There would also be a Quantum Filter System, which would run off of EU with a 1/10 chance of QUADRUPLING the power put into it. it would accept up to 512 EU. Then we get to the holy grail of generators. Meet: THE SINGULARITY HARNESS! Running off of artificial black hole cores made of uranium ore and UU-matter, it would produce a whopping 2048 EU/t!, which could be fed into 2 cables. It would be very expensive to make and run but would probably be able to power an entire city! Most cities I make require some 10 nuclear reactors to run.

5) Lithium. This would be mined as an ore, extracted, powdered, hydrated and used in the production of batteries instead of Redstone (which I view as ferrous silicon)

Recipes:

Carbon Fibre Block:

:Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: ( :Coal Chunk: =Carbon Fibre Mesh)

Fusion Torus:

:Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Iridium: :Reactor: :Iridium:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: ( :Iridium: =Lithium)

QFS:

:Tesla Coil: :Metal Block: :Tesla Coil:
    :Advanced Machine: :Electric Furnace: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Circuit: :Glass Fibre:

Proton Shielding (Harness component)

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Circuit:

Artificial Singularity:

:Uranium: :Iridium: :Uranium:
    :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Uranium: :Matter: :Uranium:

Singularity Harness:

:Solar Panel: :Reactor: :Solar Panel:
    :Energy Crystal: :Empty Cell: :Energy Crystal:
    :Solar Panel: :Iridium: :Solar Panel: : ( Solar Panel: =Proton Shielding)

Thank you for reading this entire post. This is my first time here, so feel free to comment with constructive criticism. Again, Thank You. :)

• welcome to the forums :D

1)its not practical and we are not required to follow real world physics. look at nuclear reactors they are supposed to use steam to make power yet there are no turbines in the recipe.
    2)you can already use your coal to make CF which has a blast resistance of 60
    3)you can already mix bio and coal fuel cells in a can using a canning machine
    4)nuclear is endgame any craftable generator beyond that has been denied... repeatedly... its actually beginning to get a little annoying you should run a search next time so you don't repeat any other rejected suggestions
    5)not enough uses to justify a new ore

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

1. I stopped reading at the word "Geysers". => DENIED!
    2. Carbonblocks are not really more stable than a hard Rock IRL. => NOPE!
    3. Already implemented, even if it does not give names to the diffrent Fuels like with Booze. => LEARN MORE ABOUT IC²!
    4. Again i stopped reading at "More power sources". => ALREADY DENIED!!!
    5. Without 4. it wouldnt have any use. => NOPE!

• Dunno about geysers, though it could be neat if energy will be just sitting in place like an oil in BC.

I was thinking of some sort of energy deposits, or unminable resource, which, though, will have some kind of machinery to extract and then process to energy, say 60EU/t.

Something like Thermo Plasma Generator or Hydrocarbon Power Plant

Those deposits also can be deadly if someone will go there, and highly volatile (like, say - if you make a hole in hollow, filled with energy substance, it will start to leak, and you either have to block that hole or quickly place machinery for extraction).

Also maybe OV scanner has functionality to detect those hollows along with resources.

Maybe it was already suggested, but topic title says "MOAR power sources")