[IC2 Exp][1.2.5 to 1.12.2] Armour and Tool Status HUD

• Huzzah

Note that you'll still need to delete any blank entries from your config file - I can't fix Forge's broken config loader. It just won't feed a null string to the saver any more.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 65533		at FruitDsiplayLib.RenderScaledChar(FruitDisplayLib.java:272)...

latest version, started with new config file. Happened when using an energy sensor kit from Nuclear Control.

• ^ Wow, I was just about to report the exact same issue.

Full trace in the spoiler below:

...I just noticed I have v2.2c installed. I had picked up 2.2d intending to replace, but I guess I never got around to it. Will be back as soon as I attempt to reproduce with the latest.

Edit: Reproduced successfully with ArmourHUD 2.2d -- just hit an EU storage block with an energy sensor kit and look at the pretty "Saving chunks...".

As a matter of entertainment, note the energy sensor location card still gets created correctly and works just fine -- but if you attempt to select it in the hotbar, you get the crash again. Something about it doesn't return the item name correctly, I guess.

• Argh, again with the damned unicode-value characters in the name. I think I'll have to put a more general check in.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• So after posting and never paying any attention again, my idea(In only text, cause images hate me) is to have the real armor show only the armor status thing, But only with the Q helmet (or Nano, You choose) for aesthetic purposes....Love or Hate, If I wasn't such a lazy ass person, i would modify your classes to do such!

Let me know on your thoughts.

• Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 65533		at FruitDsiplayLib.RenderScaledChar(FruitDisplayLib.java:272)...

latest version, started with new config file. Happened when using an energy sensor kit from Nuclear Control.

Fixed (well, it should be - I don't have Nuclear Control on my development system). Get version 2.2e or above. The odd characters in the item name will show up as question marks (like this - same for any Unicode stuff), but it will work (and it won't get written to the config file).

EDIT: you might need to delete your config file/remove the offending part manually. I can't really test that at this point.

So after posting and never paying any attention again, my idea(In only text, cause images hate me) is to have the real armor show only the armor status thing, But only with the Q helmet (or Nano, You choose) for aesthetic purposes....Love or Hate, If I wasn't such a lazy ass person, i would modify your classes to do such!

Let me know on your thoughts.

I... have no idea what you said there.

Edited once, last by DoomFruit ().

• Oh, that's interesting. Here's what v2.2e does with the Energy Sensor Location Card: .

I'm not sure what's going on -- I initially assumed the code was trying to read the non-existent "tag.charge" value, but it handles Forestry bees and Mystcraft linking books correctly and those don't have charge in their tag, either. Unless they're special-cased, which I doubt.

I'm coming to suspect that Nuclear Control is doing something screwy with its special items that makes ArmourHUD think it's an item with charge when it obviously isn't.

• Oh, that's interesting. Here's what v2.2e does with the Energy Sensor Location Card: .

I'm not sure what's going on -- I initially assumed the code was trying to read the non-existent "tag.charge" value, but it handles Forestry bees and Mystcraft linking books correctly and those don't have charge in their tag, either. Unless they're special-cased, which I doubt.

I'm coming to suspect that Nuclear Control is doing something screwy with its special items that makes ArmourHUD think it's an item with charge when it obviously isn't.

Interesting. That question mark is being generated in the damage value section of the code. Whatever the damage value/metadata for the energy sensor location card is, it's certainly very strange. I'll have to test this out at some point. The fix is working as intended, though.

Future work for me: allow modders to disable showing the pre-calculated damage percent(no helmet/nano helmet) or values (quantum helmet) and allow them to show their own custom prefixes/postfixes, which my mod will read from public variables which they calculate on every tick. I'm actually half-way there already, but there's not much point in doing that unless people who make actual mods want to use it.

• The Armour status image + my idea = It looks like you wearing it.

Makes sense?

Render armour models over the little schematic (as in the inventory screen)?

• I really like this, but I have no idea how to make it show percentages, rather than numbers. Also, it looks horrible, reading rows of 1000000/1000000, I would much rather have it be 1m / 1m - 100% but then again, I'm still trying to figure out how to show percentages.

• I really like this, but I have no idea how to make it show percentages, rather than numbers. Also, it looks horrible, reading rows of 1000000/1000000, I would much rather have it be 1m / 1m - 100% but then again, I'm still trying to figure out how to show percentages.

If you want percentages, replace the quantum helmet with nano or something else. Personally, I much prefer exact numerical values.

• Why not add a config to allow quantum to work like nano?

Point.

Get version 2.2f and there's now a config option that makes the quantum helmet give you 0.1% level precision instead of exact values.

• Indeed!
    EDIT: Got an ETA on the 1.3 Version?

I personally don't like that idea very much - it seems too much like just copying the inventory screen to me (also, going to need to find a good way of rendering it and keeping the colour shading for the status). Still, I do have a use planned for the "render 3D object with different z-position (scaling) and z-clipping (visibility)" function, so it might be a good test.

1.3... I haven't even downloaded it yet - the server I operate uses a bunch of mods that haven't updated, so I didn't even consider trying 1.3. No idea how hard it'll be to convert it, but it probably helps that things are entirely client-side.

An idea, for the jetpack could you create a time remaining estimate, instead of the normal percentage? (For nano/quantum only would probably be fair.)

I actually considered doing that right at the start. I'd probably put the flight time remaining in the centre of the HUD, below the crosshair.

• *Sigh*
    and:
    if DoomFruit HasTried1.3 = false then
    Get MultiMC
    end

I prefer to do things manually - I've got jar files going back to something like 1.6 (both modded and unmodded) and I had more, but I lost them in a hard drive failure. No, the thing is that I haven't been interested in 1.3 (or, in fact, any vanilla Minecraft update) - it's only the mods that I care about. Perhaps more to the point, I've just found out that things are going to be extremely busy this week and probably won't get a chance to even look at coding until the weekend. Updates are going to have to wait, I'm afraid.

Also, I run Linux, so that particular link wouldn't be much use to me :D