[Support Request] IC2v1.97 Refuses to load on Mac/Same setup works on PC fine

• I was tryinng to help one of my server players get his client set up on his Mac (*shudders and goes to wash hands some more*) and both IC2v1.97 and the Trains & Zepplins mod are absolutly refusing to load with everything else. We went through and did mod by mod elimination, everything else works, and the exact same set of mods work perfectly fine on PC, but when done on the Mac, it refuses to load. Won't get past the Mojang screen.

Using IC2v1.97 with Forge 3.3.8.160, combination works perfectly on PC, but on Mac, it refuses to work at all.

• Kinda running into a brick wall trying to figure this out without asking for help. I understand that this may possibly not be an IC2 specific issue, my guess is either it's a problem with Forge (which the makers of Forge say it's not) or it might just be Mac's stupid special copy of Java they force Mac users to use, but anything would help. Poor guy really wants to play on the server again, lol.

• Oh, and everything worked fine on 1.95b with a older copy of Forge. Oddly enough. (sorry for the extra posts... the computer I'm on here at work is fine with the quick post option, but if I hit reply or edit, it locks the browser up...)

• Repeat after me: DON'T run the latest bleeding edge version of forge unless you absolutely need to.
    Try it again with the recommended build (#152)

• Still not working won't load tried disabling sound my list of mods is additional build craft pipes, build craft 2, EE2, and trains mod :(
    Trains works fine without IC2 if you were going to point that out

• We tried 152 first, when that failed, we tried 160, which also failed. Apologies for not making that clear in the first post. If it was Forge, then why would 160 with the exact same copy of the mods folder work perfectly fine on PC, but not on Mac?

• Official Post

We tried 152 first, when that failed, we tried 160, which also failed. Apologies for not making that clear in the first post. If it was Forge, then why would 160 with the exact same copy of the mods folder work perfectly fine on PC, but not on Mac?

Because Apple uses a Non-Standard-Java.

• Hey !

I'm having the same issue there. I've spent my evening trying to install mods, and when everything was fine I just put my client file in the "Mods" folders and the game freezed on the Mojang loading page... :/

If someone could help, it would be great !

• Because Apple uses a Non-Standard-Java.

I had a feeling it was probably something along those lines... Apple being Satan and all...

I hate to say it, but without any better responses, I'm assuming this is un-resolveable. Ah well. I'll continue telling said user to get a real computer, lol. :)

Thanks for the try guys :)