Suggestion: Nanotech Autoassemble / Disassemble Industrial Cell Technology

• Hello all. Here's my suggestion for an addition to IC2.

Nanotech Autoassemble / Disassemble Industrial Cell Technology (NADICT).

The NADICT is, in simplest terms, a reusable Cell. It would be constructed out of Carbon and Iridium plates, and could be used in all processes that regular Tin Cells would be used for. Unfortunately, due malleable nature of the NADICT, it would be ill advised to stack multiples together. This would confuse the nanobots which perform the core function of the NADICT, and you would end up with a large pile of very expensive slag. To prevent user error, the NADICT also includes Quantum Repulsor technology which activates when two NADICTs come into close proximity, and causes the NADICTs to repel each other. This makes the NADICT effectively unstackable.

As an additional cost (to maintain matter / energy conversion equations), a slight percentage increase in power is required to use a NADICT in a processing machine. The nanobots which the NADICT are composed of require a small amount of energy to perform their functions, this translates as a small percentage increase in energy usage for every time the NADICT is used. The faster the operation of the machine, the more extra power is required for the NADICT. The NADICT cannot be used to directly pick up a liquid (water / lava) unless a Batpack or Lappack is worn to power the NADICT. A NADICT would only require energy to transform between its empty and filled forms.

• Official Post

So its an unstackable, superexpensive, electric Bucket?

• Official Post

More like an unstackle, superexpensive, electric Tin Cell.

Uhhm, the Point of a Tincell is, that you can stack it. So it's still a Bucket.

And if you want to produce Snowballs without wasting Cells, then place a Pump above an infinite Watersource, next to your Compressor. And for Lava and Geothermal, you can look how it works in my Tutorial (if you have Redpower installed), the Link to it is in my Signature.

• Depending of the EU cost of maintaining such device, making cells out of UUmatter/mining will be cheaper and a LOT more easy than that unstackable thing.

• Uhhm, the Point of a Tincell is, that you can stack it. So it's still a Bucket.

And if you want to produce Snowballs without wasting Cells, then place a Pump above an infinite Watersource, next to your Compressor. And for Lava and Geothermal, you can look how it works in my Tutorial (if you have Redpower installed), the Link to it is in my Signature.

You can't really make Superfuel in a bucket, can you? I'm pretty sure you need Tin Cells, unless I'm mistaken.

Depending of the EU cost of maintaining such device, making cells out of UUmatter/mining will be cheaper and a LOT more easy than that unstackable thing.

So a small (I'm thinking maybe 3-5% increase in power usage in the machine you're using the NADICT in) power increase, and the EU required to generate the iridium for ONE of these things will cost more in the long run than spinning out UU matter continuously to make Tin Cells that poof when you use them?

• Official Post

Your point being? I'd rather craft something reusable but expensive instead of having to constantly run and replace Tin Cells.

You have actually to constantly run between your Machines, because your Cell is not stackable. Imagine you need to stand next to your Canningmachine the whole time and you cant automate such a Process. I already hate it, when i have to run, while making Coolantcells, because they are not Stackable.

• You have actually to constantly run between your Machines, because your Cell is not stackable. Imagine you need to stand next to your Canningmachine the whole time and you cant automate such a Process. I already hate it, when i have to run, while making Coolantcells, because they are not Stackable.

Redpower 2 Filters and Retrievers. Can push and pull out of iSidedInventory.

• *re-reads all*

Uhrm, maybe cuz I didn't read all that NADICT-scifish description(sry bout dat) I didn't get the purpose of such device.

• The system of Fuel is to be replaced. Alblaka already said he would like adding a "Fuel Gen" that accept BC-Oils and "Gas" he would implement, so I guess in this case Biofuel/Fuel/Superfuel would became a bit useless ... (or Biofuel by using IC + Forestry, but I personally think that Forestry is cheating, because it's make you closer of EE)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• *re-reads all*

Uhrm, maybe cuz I didn't read all that NADICT-scifish description(sry bout dat) I didn't get the purpose of such device.

... that you can use to make superfuel, unlike the actual Bucket. LOL, iseewhatyoudidthere.

The system of Fuel is to be replaced. Alblaka already said he would like adding a "Fuel Gen" that accept BC-Oils and "Gas" he would implement, so I guess in this case Biofuel/Fuel/Superfuel would became a bit useless ... (or Biofuel by using IC + Forestry, but I personally think that Forestry is cheating, because it's make you closer of EE)

Well good then. It appear that most people end up going with massive solar farms, geothermal, or nuclear. The combustable fuel technology is rather disappointing, imho. Especially if you want truly renewable biofuels.

• Official Post

Redpower 2 Filters and Retrievers. Can push and pull out of iSidedInventory.

Dont you think, that i know that? I'm one of the best RP-Engineers here.

You are suggesting, that we should have a Bucket that can store Fuels too, and the way you suggested it's implementation is, like i already said:
    An unstackable, superexpensive, electric Bucket!

And Tin is very abundant in the World. I dont even know what to do with it, since my old Tower in 1.2.3 (IC², BC, RP) was consisting out of Tinblocks.

• Official Post

Well good then. It appear that most people end up going with massive solar farms, geothermal, or nuclear. The combustable fuel technology is rather disappointing, imho. Especially if you want truly renewable biofuels.

Please don't forget Wind power ;( .
    Anyway if you want to use generators with renewable fuel try an automated tree farm (redpower) + tubestuff to autocraft scaffolds (for energy efficiency).

• Please don't forget Wind power ;( .
    Anyway if you want to use generators with renewable fuel try an automated tree farm (redpower) + tubestuff to autocraft scaffolds (for energy efficiency).

I thought that scaffolds were blacklisted for use in the Generator... unless the Wiki is wrong again...

• The system of Fuel is to be replaced. Alblaka already said he would like adding a "Fuel Gen" that accept BC-Oils and "Gas" he would implement, so I guess in this case Biofuel/Fuel/Superfuel would became a bit useless ... (or Biofuel by using IC + Forestry, but I personally think that Forestry is cheating, because it's make you closer of EE)

The system of "Fuel" will be mostly the same, but with the added bonus of BC Oil (If you have installed, i havent bothered with it anymore since 1.2.3, RP Ftw), and possibly the "Gas" Thing.