[Suggestion] Re-model

• This is an idea to change the models of the machines. At the moment the machines are kind of boring, they're 1 block tall, wide, and long. First off, the solar panels are chunky (that was the inspiration for my suggestion), solar panels are normally sleek and slim. So maybe make them fill 2 blocks (like bed), and have them on an angle, from bottom right to top left of the two blocks.

For some machines you could even have moving parts that would match the IC2 Noises. A macerator could spin, a compressor could have moving parts inside that squash together.

It would be cooler, and look nicer!

• Would you rather look at clunky machines or the minecraft ran out of memory page? minecraft cant handle it.

While I don't agree with the idea, I seriously doubt anyone would get the minecraft ran out of memory page as a direct result of this. My computer is not the best, I have my share of lag on SMP and large explosions/other CPU intensive things, but the only time that I ever encountered that page was when I experimented with explosives+ and created an infinite looping explosive

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

While I don't agree with the idea, I seriously doubt anyone would get the minecraft ran out of memory page as a direct result of this. My computer is not the best, I have my share of lag on SMP and large explosions/other CPU intensive things, but the only time that I ever encountered that page was when I experimented with explosives+ and created an infinite looping explosive

Out of Memory happens only to fast Computers, due to the fact, that Minecraft just Blackscreens on slower Computers.

Also it happens only if you often switch the World (like going to Nether and back multiple times)

• OK, I didn't realise that it would cause so much lag on peoples computers! Perhaps have it as an addson...For the people who have faster computers? I dunno...It was just a suggestion!

• You're all paranoid, custom rendering does not cause that much lag, OR memory use - unless the developer messes it up somehow.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

You're all paranoid, custom rendering does not cause that much lag, OR memory use - unless the developer messes it up somehow.

Lets see, which mods are causing Lag, due to custom Rendering:

Redpower: Yes but only, because you normally have to use masses of Microblocks in a Factory.
    Thaumcraft: Massive Lag with only a few Machines and small general Lag from Taintblocks and eldritch Stone. (because of too many Specialeffects)
    IC²: Cables are causing also a little bit Lag.
    BC: Tiny Lag for normal Pipes, little Lag for Waterproof and Conductive Pipes.

So and you are telling me, that this Lag comes from Eloraam, Spacetoad, Alblaka and Azanor messing it up??? I doubt that this happened.

Of course Rendering does nearly nothing to the Memory, it just slows FPS down. Memoryissues are coming to 99% from Chunk-Unloading (fixed in 1.3), and not from the Graphics.

Sidenote: I cant even enter my Workshop/Factory without having Optifine installed!!!

• allocate more ram, maybe get a newer cpu-trade it in if you need more money? you can work around the problem. i used to run vanilla at 5 fps. plus, based on your screenshots, you have smooth lighting on, turn it off. there thats the on helpful post i will ever give you

• Official Post

allocate more ram

Haha, it runs out of Memory, when it hits the physical limit (2GB) of the Computer, so allocating even more, than that wouldnt help...

Suggesting a better Computer, doesnt help the ones, who have not enough Money to buy it.

Smooth Lighting is a Graphiccardthing, so disabling it, reduces Lag only on bad Graphiccards. (I already tested it)

• but smoothlighting is the cause of micro blocks lag. so if microblocks lag you, turn it off
    also, you have 2 comps. plus i didnt have the money for one either, i had to make it work with teensy upgrades every now and then. my starting comp was 5 fps vanilla

• Official Post

but smoothlighting is the cause of micro blocks lag. so if microblocks lag you, turn it off

As i said only on bad Graphiccards (like the one of my Netbook)

also, you have 2 comps. plus i didnt have the money for one either.

Lol i have 4 Computers, and i got them for FREE (old used ones from my uncle). Thats how efficient i use my very limited Money.