Modular Factory Line [ Updated]

• Was looking for a way to make use of the resources i had and wanted a faster smarter better system, so i got hands deep in RP2, made miles of mag tubes, so many accelerators that would make the LHC blush, and assortment of machines, and came up with a modular system for sorting and auto machining.
    Version 3
    After trials and pure ingenius, i have produced a new modular form that utilizes retrievers, less space and materials.

• Official Post

Wow a Modular System, but in this Case it wastes Space and Power (due Overcloking). My Factory (23 Machines + Scraponly-Massfab) runs just on a 24 EU/t automanned Watermill + rarely used Scaffoldburning Emergencyenergysystem.

Ever heared about Retrievers, Relays and that you can paint Magtubes?

Perfectly fitted semimodular Factories FTW!!!

• I personally don't use retrievers in my auto-processing system because they get bottlenecked very easily - especially when you're loading in an inventory full of copper ore from a UU matter spending spree. I always use one filter per machine in my automatic setups, so I can extract from every machine at once rather than just one machine per retriever per pulse.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

I personally don't use retrievers in my auto-processing system because they get bottlenecked very easily - especially when you're loading in an inventory full of copper ore from a UU matter spending spree. I always use one filter per machine in my automatic setups, so I can extract from every machine at once rather than just one machine per retriever per pulse.

Retrievers bottlenecking up? Well that doesnt happen to me, and i use one Retriever and a 5sec-Timer for all 24 Non-Overclocked Machines. (Of course there is an Itemdetector behind the Retriever to speed it up when needed)

• Righto, working on a new design, little broader, forgot about relays, but i agree about the bottlenecking issues, and the system is made so you can add more machines for whatever the cause. I like to feed in whole chests of ores at once so processing power for me is a must and i am not a patient man to start off with. Will post new pictures once all the pieces are made.

• Retrievers bottlenecking up? Well that doesnt happen to me, and i use one Retriever and a 5sec-Timer for all 24 Non-Overclocked Machines. (Of course there is an Itemdetector behind the Retriever to speed it up when needed)

What I mean by bottlenecking is that the retriever will pull items from the closest inventory, which (unless you do some careful machine placement and pipe routing) means that there will be one machine which is closer than the others and as such will always be the priority target. Assuming that the machines finish one operation in a comparable timescale to the retriever pulse, the retriever will pull an item stack from one machine, which processes something and has more inventory just in time for the retriever to pull another item stack - meaning that the other machines get ignored. The item detector might help with this by accelerating item removal, but it feels to me like a stopgap solution.

Then again, I don't know what kind of workload your machines are given.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

What I mean by bottlenecking is that the retriever will pull items from the closest inventory, which (unless you do some careful machine placement and pipe routing) means that there will be one machine which is closer than the others and as such will always be the priority target. Assuming that the machines finish one operation in a comparable timescale to the retriever pulse, the retriever will pull an item stack from one machine, which processes something and has more inventory just in time for the retriever to pull another item stack - meaning that the other machines get ignored. The item detector might help with this by accelerating item removal, but it feels to me like a stopgap solution.

Then again, I don't know what kind of workload your machines are given.

The Retriever is right next to the Alloyfurnace and the 4 Recyclers (And they are the fastest), and even when nearly all Machines are used, the ItemDetector right behind (with RedstoneTube inbetween) my Retriever is completely enough to speed the Timing up for the 6 E-Furnaces and the Canningmachine (which are farest away). Of course I'm not using Overclockers, because they are Energywasters and with the Relays i have enough Buffering for all the Ores.

The other Machines are: 1 Massfabricator (MISEL mk II), 6 Macerators, 3 Extractors and 3 Compressors, where one of these Compressors is especially for producing Netherbrick out of 3 Netherrack.

• The Retriever is right next to the Alloyfurnace and the 4 Recyclers (And they are the fastest), and even when nearly all Machines are used, the ItemDetector right behind (with RedstoneTube inbetween) my Retriever is completely enough to speed the Timing up for the 6 E-Furnaces and the Canningmachine (which are farest away). Of course I'm not using Overclockers, because they are Energywasters and with the Relays i have enough Buffering for all the Ores.

The other Machines are: 1 Massfabricator (MISEL mk II), 6 Macerators, 3 Extractors and 3 Compressors, where one of these Compressors is especially for producing Netherbrick out of 3 Netherrack.

Hmm. I might try a little prototype setup like that on my system. It'll save me 26 filters (8 induction furnaces, 6 rotary macerators, 4 singularity compressors, 4 centrifuge extractors and 4 recyclers, each machine has 4 overclockers) and, if it works as you say, might actually eliminate bottlenecking. I'll test it out on my tin-iron alchemical production line first.

• Hmm. I might try a little prototype setup like that on my system. It'll save me 26 filters (8 induction furnaces, 6 rotary macerators, 4 singularity compressors, 4 centrifuge extractors and 4 recyclers, each machine has 4 overclockers) and, if it works as you say, might actually eliminate bottlenecking. I'll test it out on my tin-iron alchemical production line first.

I'm thinking you won't have as much luck with this as Gregorious. He's using all standard machines, so he's got 10-20 seconds between operations on each to clear out the other machines. You have just under 13 ticks to clear out everything, so a single RP machine would have trouble keeping just two machines clear, even on a 0.4sec timer, much less 26 (would still save you 1/2 of your filters, of course).

• Official Post

I'm thinking you won't have as much luck with this as Gregorious. He's using all standard machines, so he's got 10-20 seconds between operations on each to clear out the other machines. You have just under 13 ticks to clear out everything, so a single RP machine would have trouble keeping just two machines clear, even on a 0.4sec timer, much less 26 (would still save you 1/2 of your filters, of course).

If its not fast enough then just add a second Retriever. They are not really expensive. (the Athame kills Endermen incredibly efficient)