[Suggestion] Please bring back old-school diesel fuel!

• IMHO the current system of re-usable 'fuel cans' makes fossil/biofuels WAY more hassle than they are worth... being unstackable makes them almost pointless as a method of energy transfer given their limited EU capacity. Please don't mention lap-packs, batteries, uranium cells, Electrolyzers or any other form of portable energy - I know they exist, but I don't want to use them.

If balance is an issue (altho with the advent of high output nuclear, I can't see it), then make fuel more expensive to craft - 10x the plant material, or 4x the coal, whatever it takes - but please bring back my beloved diesel from the old IC days!

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• Some parts of the Fuel-System are being rewroked. Al already says he would maybe add a new gen for "Gas" he would add and BC-Oil with 30 EU/t output. But I threat the actual Fuel system won't be changed :/ (Yes, I think it should produce more energy, use less tins, but we won't speak AGAIN about that, it comes every months on the forum ...)

Edit: I start writing it before Greg post it. And the problems of the tin-usage isn't just the tin losses, but it concern too the additional time you need for all these craft.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• when I said diesel, I meant that in the metaphoric sense...

as for adding BC-based generators - until BC and IC become one mod, that will be no use to me. I don't use BC.

Superfuel does exist, but what I'm angling at is a return to the old disposable 'fuel' - tin use be damned. I have loads of the stuff. But at present my only (relatively) portable power generators are geothermal, which are a pain in the ass because I have to keep heading back to the Nether and manning a pumping station for awhile. I also don't want a system whereby I have all my power generation centralised, and I have to use batteries or lap-packs or whatever. I want something that I can take on expeditions, so I can power a couple of miners while I fossik around through old mines.

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• as for adding BC-based generators - until BC and IC become one mod, that will be no use to me. I don't use BC.

Didn't you see the "Gas" mention ? It would be from IC ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Just for the ones who didn't use IC: Fuel was created like this( :Resin: =nothing, because it didn't exist):
    :Resin: :Compressed hyd. Coalclump: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Compressed hyd. Coalclump: :Tin Ingot: ->Clumpy Fuel
    :Tin Ingot: :Compressed hyd. Coalclump: :Tin Ingot:

Clumpy Fuel->Extractor-> :Fuel:

And because of order from the government request of a few customers, biofuel was introduced.

:Resin: :Compressed Plantball: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Compressed Plantball: :Tin Ingot: ->Clumpy Biofuel
    :Tin Ingot: :Compressed Plantball: :Tin Ingot:

Clumpy Biofuel->Extractor-> :Bio Fuel:

And if you added light from above, energy from below and explosives around fuel, you could TOTALLY NOT create Superfuel.

Single-Use Batteries were made like this:
    :Cable:
    :Fuel:
    :Fuel:
    And had 10000 EU, it was totally not possible to create them using Biofuel or not-existant Superfuel.

I don't now if the old system was requested or just stackable fuel, but here you can read how the old system worked. The missing "k" was intended.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

I don't now if the old system was requested or just stackable fuel, but here you can read how the old system worked.

I'd settle for fuel being stackable... that's my main problem with the current fuel system: being unstackable makes fuel cans a waste of space, IMHO.

• untackable fuel with HAYO variable fuel value is soo HAYO you just cant understant its hayoness

3 tiers was perfectly good, since item ids nealy unlimited tiers may be extended to 6 or 10 but STACKABLE inside same tier.
    Rounding down fuel power to closest tier and provide output can with corresponding tier == win, tiers will be 5000 10k 20k ... 80k 100k;
    extra fuel power can be stored inside canner and dumped in next fuel can in cycle.

And also number of win combinations are:
    3 fuel 3 spice, in most cases fuel type and spice not mixed, soo its only 6 combinations;

• untackable fuel with HAYO variable fuel value is soo HAYO you just cant understant its hayoness

no, I just don't understand your last post... well I almost do? lol :whistling:

variable fuel values be damnéd, though. Surely the old tin-burning method can't be that hard to re-implement; nor can I see any spectacular advantages to the setup we have now...