[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

Can you explain a bit more on how to setup the fusion reactor, because for some reason mine only channels energy through and does not generate any fusion. I fed 200mil energy to it, nothing, it just channeled trough.

If you mean that the Reactor works like a "Cable", then i would suggest the use of Splittercables on the Outputside, as i explained at the Instructionspost (where also the Config is explained), right after i added the API.

I needed to do that, as otherwise HighstartEnergy-Fusion wouldnt work with the old 10,000,000 buffer. Try to make a Fusion between Wolfram (Tungstenore+Cells) and Lithium with 90,000,000 EU as StartEnergy and additional EU in the Buffer, as that Reaction actually costs EU but instead produces Iridiumore cheaper.

And dont tell me, that you cant find Tungsten! I know that we have to wait for Eloraam.

• Fusion reactor was working last night but since we updated a couple times and such its kind of failing. The GUI is not updating at all for us and once its running and powered it's really broken out. This is all in SMP though.

Double tested it in SSP AND SMP and I can confirm GUI working fine in SSP and updating but SMP seems to not be getting the packet or something.. It seems to actually work though and you can start it and such but you just have no interface to keep an eye on it.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

Fusion reactor was working last night but since we updated a couple times and such its kind of failing. The GUI is not updating at all for us and once its running and powered it's really broken out. This is all in SMP though.

Double tested it in SSP AND SMP and I can confirm GUI working fine in SSP and updating but SMP seems to not be getting the packet or something.. It seems to actually work though and you can start it and such but you just have no interface to keep an eye on it.

Strange. In theory the normal Vanillafurnace shouldnt display too in that Case. I thought since the merge SMP is now much less of a Problem, and that i fixed it the first time (I had that Bug in the very Beginning). Question: Did you use Bukkit for testing?

Edit: I think i could have fixed it. I tried SMP myself but didnt got that visual Bug. Wait until the OP says V1.03b.

• Strange. In theory the normal Vanillafurnace shouldnt display too in that Case. I thought since the merge SMP is now much less of a Problem, and that i fixed it the first time (I had that Bug in the very Beginning). Question: Did you use Bukkit for testing?

Edit: I think i could have fixed it. I tried SMP myself but didnt got that visual Bug. Wait until the OP says V1.03b.

The gui still not updating. I also confirmed and it does say 1.0.3b on load. This again is in SMP and ssp works just fine. but in SMP does not update the gui But it does work still.

• Official Post

The gui still not updating. I also confirmed and it does say 1.0.3b on load. This again is in SMP and ssp works just fine. but in SMP does not update the gui But it does work still.

I accidently forgot the Text in the GUI (fixed in 1.04a). Are you sure that the animated Parts are not updating?

You can test it as soon as i update (so right after this Post).

New Block: The Lapotronic-Energystorage-Unit short L.E.S.U. its a bit Beta, but it works.

Place one Controllerblock and set the Facing with the Wrench (it points currently only downwards on placing)
    Then place LESU-Blocks (crafted with 8 Lapisblocks around a normal Circuit) adjacent to it, to increase the Storagecapacity. It has UNLIKE the Industrialcorp-Storageunits ARMORSLOTS in its GUI (which are completly useless for Quantumcharging, due to the LESU being currently Tier-2-Technology...)

• First off Greg I hope you watch this few min video, Still running into issues but I made a video of it in action (SMP) and showing in SSP it working.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLYqIdagZk

Also the new block seems a bit overpowered for the low costs but of course the room it takes would be what a lot would not want. Though I'm actually worried placing 100's of not 1000's of them would cause lag and such? Does it scan each block each time and etc or how does that work? I just don't want people 1 shotting my server with lag.

Id love to see a 3x3 Power box created something like how railcraft makes stuff and it store 1 billion EU of power of course being something really really costly like the cost of near 100 MFSU's... Of course the cool part is you have a smaller space and a cool looking frigan power storage thing.. Maybe even add cool features to it maybe even require it for powering certian things or charging them in the future or even crafting some how with some kind special crafting grid lol.

• Official Post

First off Greg I hope you watch this few min video, Still running into issues but I made a video of it in action (SMP) and showing in SSP it working.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLYqIdagZk

Also the new block seems a bit overpowered for the low costs but of course the room it takes would be what a lot would not want. Though I'm actually worried placing 100's of not 1000's of them would cause lag and such? Does it scan each block each time and etc or how does that work? I just don't want people 1 shotting my server with lag.

No it doesnt scan the Blocks every tick or second or whatever, like badcoded Railcraft-Cokeovens do. Its scans ONLY, and i seriously mean ONLY (i know you will understand it but some others, who i wont mention will not), when you are adding/removing Blocks from the Structure. I would never code something like "scans every tick/second" as i know it would cause massive Lag.

For the 1.05a Version i made the LESU's Voltage dependant on the amount of LESU-Blocks around it, so that you can actually reach 512 EU/t. But it will explode if you apply too much EU for its Size (as seen in the "hopefully-fixed-next-time"-GUI).

Warning: a LESU can store only up to ~2,100,000,000 EU (Maximum Integervalue), before you need a second LESU-Controller.

Thanks, that Video was realy helpfull, as i saw the Problem (wasnt really able to reproduce). I think i will fix it by letting my Machines also do their work Clientside or by sending more packets (1 every Tick instead of 1 every 10 Ticks). But this takes a few Experiments.

EDIT: Try the attached Version.

• Just tested, same issues unfortunatly. EU readings are behaving just like in the video on both the reactor and lap. However, the reactors Gui bit seems better, it now glows when converting but does not show current progress.

http://i.imgur.com/F0XDl.png

Edit: Did the same test in SSP and it works beautifully.

• Official Post

OK, Updating once per Tick is not fixing it, then i have to do it in other Ways. And for the Fusionreactor-GUI i just improved the Progressbar-Code with a few Math.min() and Math.max().

Is the maximum EU-Storagelimit inside the LESU-GUI updating correctly, when adding LESU-Blocks? If yes, then the EU-Update-Code is just the Problem.

Moment, it shows that the Coils are existing. Does it do that even if they are not there? (Note: There has to be something inside both Inputslots for it to update, as i run that Code only if there is something inside both Slots, to prevent Lag)

I hate Bugs, which are caused by Mojangs crappy Code, as they are the hardest to fix.

• The Max EU-Storagelimite inside teh LESU is behaving like the EU reading in the Fusion reactor, as is the input eu/t

The progressbar is at 100% at all times, both with or without cells, (If its doing something)

Edit: I gotta crash, ill setup a few different installs 2morrow and see if forge versions/other things are causing issues.

• Warning: a LESU can store only up to ~2,100,000,000 EU

Since Java unfortunately doesn't support unsigned integers (as far as I know) you could just make the power start at -(256 ^ 4) / 2 and to get the actual amount of power stored take that value and add -(256 ^ 4) / 2 - 1. Or use a 64-bit data type.

• Official Post

Since Java unfortunately doesn't support unsigned integers (as far as I know) you could just make the power start at -(256 ^ 4) / 2 and to get the actual amount of power stored take that value and add -(256 ^ 4) / 2 - 1. Or use a 64-bit data type.

I wanted to use the Long-Datatype, but then its not SMP-Compatible at all as i can currently only send Integerpackets. Of course i could just send two Integerpackets to make it a 2^30-Large Storage with the Long-Datatype, but i'm currently doing too much Bugfixing with that SMP-GUI-Glitch, so i shedule it for later.

Edit: I gonna eat my Hat, if this update doesnt fix the GUI-Problems...

• I wanted to use the Long-Datatype, but then its not SMP-Compatible at all as i can currently only send Integerpackets. Of course i could just send two Integerpackets to make it a 2^30-Large Storage with the Long-Datatype, but i'm currently doing too much Bugfixing with that SMP-GUI-Glitch, so i shedule it for later.

Edit: I gonna eat my Hat, if this update doesnt fix the GUI-Problems...

1.06a the update that Greg eats his hat :)

More crazy now, it goes to 32,000 then turns into -32,000 then counts down and loops back and forth.

• WHAT!?! /Pahimars Voice when he sees the EU-Input of Chickenbones HV-Array-Massfab.

I must see that myself. There is no single short-datatype used in the updatecode! How can that happen?

do you need a video of it :)?

• Official Post

1.06b your out of here!

Still the same exact thing. BTW do you need help setting up a SMP Server :P

I fixed a random Bug with the GUI, which caused it to not properly display the Items. And i currently cant setup a SMP-Server, as i have only one Computer running, and when i connect to myself (via minecraft_server.jar as LAN-Mode isnt working), i have no Issues with the GUI's.

Is anything else except the numbers above 2^15 broken?