Upgrading drill = ''enchanting'' drill !!! (far only drill)

• I would like to add new GUI in which the drill would have three slots for upgrades .

slot number 1 would be for overclock upgrade = efficiency enchanting = drill would be faster :thumbup:

slot number 2 would be for energy storage upgrade = unbreaking enchannting = dril would be more durable = longer to work. :rolleyes:

slot number 3 would be for new item drill upgrade (not machine only drill part ) = fortune enchanting = one coal ore can give one or two coal !!(or diamond :D ) .

What do you think? How do you rate?

(My English is weak, I know.)

• unbreaking is metaphor to be able to better understand what this is. And yes this is
    more DRILL life. ''Enchanting'' , because enchanting diamond pickaxe is better than drill ... ;( So why the drill would be worse if it could be upgraded ? :D

• Alblaka has made his opinion of enchanting electric tools obvious. I admit to a bit of laziness in not searching for quotes, but they do exist either on this forum or in the blog.

For example, enchanting the Drill was at one point possible (right after enchanting was added to vanilla minecraft). When the hook was added to Forge to explicitly exclude tools from being enchantable, all the electric tools were thus changed. Similar ideas apply to the repairing mechanic.

Putting aside the mod owner's opinion, one must look at resources and balance. If I read the wiki correctly (and assuming it is up to date), the Unbreaking enchantment does not make the tool indestructible, but merely dramatically increases its durability. It will eventually break. The diamond drill (baring a lava or cacti immersion) will not.

You state that an enchanted diamond pick is superior to the diamond drill. However, in the long run, you will need to spend additional diamonds; either by repairing it if possible, or by creating a new pick and re-enchanting it. Any insufficiency of the diamond drill can be easily offset by this simple fact: All it takes to "repair" the diamond drill is a generator and sufficient (often less expensive than diamonds) fuel.

• Official Post

If I read the wiki correctly (and assuming it is up to date), the Unbreaking enchantment does not make the tool indestructible, but merely dramatically increases its durability. It will eventually break. The diamond drill (baring a lava or cacti immersion) will not.

Thats right. My Unbreaking-III-AxeOfTheStream would break, if its Specialability wouldnt stop at the last Durabilitypoint, so that i have to repair it permanently. And if you want SUPA-DUPA-MULTI-ENCHANTED Stuff, then i would recommend you Thaumcraft.

• *facedesk* is the perfect action for this, in fact, *facedesk*. IC2 WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING ENCHANTMENTS, OR ANYTHING RELATED TO THEM!! :cursing:

Its under -9000! I agree *facedesk* Useless. Well not useless but rather op and somewhat useless with lappacks. It would letya have more drill durability and you can wear a chestpiece hence OP but useless because lappack.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P