Confused!!??

• Hello, I am new to IC2 and have been reading the wiki. I seem to be even more confused about how energy works in here than before.

Is EU the same as EU Packet? From what I can tell from the wiki, if 1 Solar Panel outputs at 1 EU/t, that means the EU Packet in the cable has 1 EU in it. Right? So that would mean that for every tick, there is a 1 EU Packet going through the cable right?

From the wiki: "Cables are limited by the size of EU-Packets that may travel through, NOT the number of packets, NOR the total EU/t contained by these packets."

I think this statement from the wiki confused me, what confused me was the "NOT the number of packets, NOR the total EU/t contained by these packets" part.
    How does more than 1 packet travel through the wire at one time? If I connected 2 Solar Panels to a single cable, wouldn't that mean there is a 2 EU packet running through the wire per tick? Not two 1 EU packets? Or does it all depend on how they are connected, does a Solar Flower with 5 Solar Panels generate 5 EU/t making a 5 EU Packet, while connecting 5 Solar Panels to different sections on the cable generate five 1 EU Packets?

The other part makes it seem that EU/t can be contained within a Packet. Is it just the wording?

Maybe I'm dumb, I don't know. I still love what this mod is capable of, but I'm afraid to go into this tier in my world until I get a better understanding. I don't want machines blowing up in my face.

• Each item outputting X EU/t makes a single X EU packet each tick(20 ticks/second, if your FPS>=20). For example, you could connect ten solar panels with a tin cable and then to an storage device/transformer/machinery without melting the cable even though there is 10EU/t flowing through and the tin cable can only withstand 6EU/packet. The cable would have ten 1EU packets(1<6, the cable won't melt) flowing through it.
    A tin cable could theoretically transfer several thousand EU/t as long as each packet would be less than 6EU. The only limit on energy flow is the packet size, not the total current flowing through.

• What is the effect of the hv, mv, lv transformers on packets? Are they combined/split? Does that effect how much energy total can be transfered per tick? Also, can a batbox's output be downgraded to tin for long distance transfer and then upgraded again using an lv transformer? I thought you could, but I've tried it without success.

• What is the effect of the hv, mv, lv transformers on packets? Are they combined/split? Does that effect how much energy total can be transfered per tick?

I love how this guy explain it.