Interesting rts

• Official Post

Well, after Uber managed to mess up SMNC as well (All beta's kept telling them the same thing, they ignored it, and now SMNC is barely better off then MNC, only kept alive by the regular players), my support for them isn't exactly on a high level. And given the quality and depth of their other side-projects (SmashMNC, Moon Brakers)... well... I don't exspect much of this, either.

But let's see how things turn out.

• I actually like SMNC and regularly play it. Once you get to a high skill level, matches really become fun and an alternative to Dota. Also as a true fan of TA and "owner" of a bunch of friends who won't play any game with outdated graphics -.- I really look forward to this game, since TA was and is the best rts game ever :P.

What exactly do you dislike about SMNC except for the friggin annoying microtransactions?

FarFar

• Official Post

What exactly do you dislike about SMNC except for the friggin annoying microtransactions?

Long rant incoming:

Assuming TA = Total Annilation
    Yep, neat game. Though I've only played the Spring Remake of TA ^^

• Steam offers Supreme Commander ( Also kind of a sequel to TA ) as a daily deal right now. Just telling in case someons interested *g* :D

FarFar

• I had a strong feeling when I clicked on that link that it would be planetary annihilation. TA was the best RTS hands down, starcraft seems like super mario world in comparison. Sup-com was good in its own right, but I wouldn't call it a "spiritual successor" like it was marketed as.

I totally thought James Earl Jones did the voice overs in the originals mission briefings, and was surprised to see that really strange guy was the real man behind the voice.

Looks like one hell of a game though, worth the investment.

Does anyone here still play TA spring? I'm semi-active and would be up for a game.