Solar panels and snow

• I've built my house in a snow biome and I have a few solar panels on the roof. After a few snow storms, I've thought of an idea to annoy users / make the gameplay more challenging. Here's my idea: When it snow builds up on solar panels, they should stop producing power until the user clears them.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this

• Official Post

:O That's why I was against turning the SolarPanel checks from iteration to skylight...
    Guess we'll have to add a check for the block above Solar Panels.

Anybody want's to add other blocks which do not affect light but should affect Solars?

• Anybody want's to add other blocks which do not affect light but should affect Solars?

I did some testing and found several blocks in vanilla and IC2 that solars should probably be affected by

Things that don't affect solars and probably shouldn't

And that's the extent of what I found during my testing

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Quoted from "Alblaka"

Anybody want's to add other blocks which do not affect light but should affect Solars?
    I did some testing and found several blocks in vanilla and IC2 that solars should probably be affected by

Things that don't affect solars and probably shouldn't

And that's the extent of what I found during my testing

Hmm, you forgot

Have you tried slabs & glowstone? They are transparent in vanilla redstone engineering. Also try stairs.

• Hmm, you forgot

Have you tried slabs & glowstone? They are transparent in vanilla redstone engineering. Also try stairs.

Glass and Reinforced glass are intentionally blocks that don't affect solar panels, however I did not attempt slabs or glowstone

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l